Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cheri Stryker
Forum: Breastfeeding September 20th 06, 09:12 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Cheri Stryker
early trouble

Kim wrote:

Unfortunately we've had problems since we got home. Each time I try to
nurse he screams and gets himself so hysterical that he won't latch and just
screams murder until I hold...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 20th 06, 08:49 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 137
Posted By Cheri Stryker
OT - teen hormones Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+)stepson's

Frisbee® wrote:
They can certainly choose not to ogle, but since you've never experienced
the raging hormones that most teenage boys experience, I doubt you'd
understand the incredible...
Forum: General September 20th 06, 08:49 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 138

Frisbee® wrote:
They can certainly choose not to ogle, but since you've never experienced
the raging hormones that most teenage boys experience, I doubt you'd
understand the incredible...
Forum: Pregnancy September 20th 06, 08:49 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids

Frisbee® wrote:
They can certainly choose not to ogle, but since you've never experienced
the raging hormones that most teenage boys experience, I doubt you'd
understand the incredible...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 7th 06, 09:47 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Cheri Stryker
tea anyone?

Brookben wrote:

When thinking of herbs, there is a distinction to be made between an
extract and a flower. Not all flowers are safe, to be sure, but the
ones that are known to be safe have...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 7th 06, 09:40 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By Cheri Stryker
OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

wrote:

Jess writes:

: Can you get a cat? Semi-seriously. ;)

: Jess

This was goning to be my suggestion.
Forum: Breastfeeding September 7th 06, 09:26 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Cheri Stryker
balancing supply with a 10 week old

wrote:

According to my lactation consultant, I had or have a low supply. (This
was based on DD gaining only 5 ounces in 10 days when she was three and
a half weeks.) She...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 7th 06, 09:23 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By Cheri Stryker
OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

Dave {Reply Address In.sig} wrote:
Cheri Stryker wrote:
You've never seen a flea?!? Wow. Lucky. When I was about 14 and still
believed in letting my cats outside, we had an infestation so...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 4th 06, 07:47 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By Cheri Stryker
OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

Chookie wrote:

I've never seen a flea, but I'm told they are usually easy to see on carpets
etc.

Your family might not recognise that musty smell as mice.

You've never seen a flea?!? ...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 3rd 06, 07:23 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By Cheri Stryker
OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

Chookie wrote:

I'm not getting why the mice would be after DS. He isn't cheese!

[laughter] No, I'm more paranoid about germs and fleas. I can smell
the areas that they frequent (though no one...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 3rd 06, 07:15 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By Cheri Stryker
OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion - thanks to all

Cheri Stryker wrote:
I'm having a nervous breakdown. I don't know where all they are
running; though the babe is never left unobserved, so there's not been
any first-hand encounters between...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 30th 06, 01:21 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By Cheri Stryker
OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

My six month old is just at "that stage". He is really hating being
left on his back, he's not able to sit up by himself, and he can't be on
the couch because he's really good at rolling over,...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 29th 06, 06:22 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 29
Posted By Cheri Stryker
This just made me madder than...

Jo wrote:
Okay I can't think of anything that can come close to how angry I am
about this.
I wrote TLC and hope a few other mums do the same.

I would love to see some of the dads here...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 20th 06, 11:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Cheri Stryker
Two years....

FlowerGirl wrote:
Well, I thought H as going to wean himself about a year ago ... and he has
dropped to 2 feeds a day (sometimes more)... but we've made 2 years. K
self-weaned at 18 months, so...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 19th 06, 08:14 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 12
Posted By Cheri Stryker
Tweaking my nips

Brookben wrote:

DD tweaks my nips and it is soooo irritating! Her heart breaks when I
don't grant access... Any advice on how to stop it?

As soon as DS2 was born I put the "baby necklace"...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 18th 06, 06:13 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 11
Posted By Cheri Stryker
The debate continues

CY wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

The funniest sentence in this article:

"I don't want my son or husband to accidentally see a breast they didn't
want to see."

And here I've...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 17th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Cheri Stryker
I couldn't wait...

wrote:

I meant to wait until Friday to take The Test, but my powers of delayed
gratification failed me... Anyway, #2 appeared on the pee stick (which
Micah then tried...
Forum: Pregnancy August 17th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Cheri Stryker
I couldn't wait...

wrote:

I meant to wait until Friday to take The Test, but my powers of delayed
gratification failed me... Anyway, #2 appeared on the pee stick (which
Micah then tried...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 15th 06, 08:15 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Cheri Stryker
couple things - should I worry?

DS2's been doing a couple things I've been wondering whether I should
worry about, so I thought I'd ask here if they were common.

Firstly, he sometimes seems to aspirate the milk, when he's eating....
Forum: Breastfeeding August 13th 06, 08:42 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 12
Posted By Cheri Stryker
Yay Breastfeeding! 4mo update

Nikki wrote:

The boys are doing so well I couldn't contain myself and so decided to post
an update since we had their 4mo appointment.

Yay!

Ben is 14lbs 1oz and 26" long. Brock is 17lbs...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 11th 06, 08:23 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Cheri Stryker
Cloth diapering - diapers don't fit with wraps?

cjra wrote:

Maybe it's just us...

I have Chinese pre-folds, newborn size, and a number of wraps - bummis,
kushies, all newborn size. The diapers seem *way* too big for the
wraps, and at...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 8th 06, 06:50 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 0
Posted By Cheri Stryker
BF on TV

We mostly hear about "toddler formula" on TV around here, so I thought
I'd share a positive development: Pampers disposable diapers is running
a commercial that shows breastfeeding! It's from the...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 8th 06, 06:47 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 31
Posted By Cheri Stryker
Setting one's self up for failure?

cjra wrote:
I am curious to hear other's perspectives. On another parenting board,
where most of the members are young and first time moms, I read so
often that they will 'try breastfeeding and...
Forum: Pregnancy August 3rd 06, 04:05 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 44
Posted By Cheri Stryker
Two under two!!

Amy Austin wrote:

[snip]
3) How am I going to prepare my daughter? She's so little. She loves
babies, loves to look at pictures of other babies. In about 6 months,
should I just start...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 3rd 06, 04:05 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 45
Posted By Cheri Stryker
Two under two!!