Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 1.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pologirl
Forum: Pregnancy April 24th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 30
Posted By Pologirl
baby in separate room from mother at night?

Hi Erika,

I don't think Suzanne's comment was too touchy to be said. I would
rather err on the side of tolerance and accept and allow touchy
comments.

I feel sad for Suzanne; nursing a baby is...
Forum: General April 24th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Pologirl
baby burp problems

Greg R wrote:
I tried the rocking motion (forward/back and left/right, works pretty
good!!! I also tried laying over my lap on his stomach, 50/50 on
success. I'll have to look for Gripe water...
Forum: General April 24th 08, 06:07 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 19
Posted By Pologirl
Please tell me it gets better (stubborn 3 yr old)

Donna, I see you have gotten a lot of good advice here already, but
one problem you mentioned seems to have gotten lost. That problem is
your daughter being frightened by her own tantrum. It is...
Forum: General April 24th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By Pologirl
about "bitching"

mom0f4boys wrote:
roughshod over the boys in a fit of anger.

Rule number 1 of training animals and children is this: do nothing in
a fit of anger.

I don't know what your children's behaviors are...
Forum: Breastfeeding April 24th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By Pologirl
Is Anybody Still Here?

I am still here, now and then. Monkey Boy is 4 and Hungry Girl is 1.5
and still nursing. I don't read any other forums; no time for
hanging out online and the computer doubles as Hungry Girl's...
Forum: Pregnancy April 24th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 30
Posted By Pologirl
baby in separate room from mother at night?

Don't feed the troll.

Pologirl
Forum: Pregnancy April 23rd 08, 10:35 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 30
Posted By Pologirl
baby in separate room from mother at night?

Hi Chris. I don't co-sleep with my babies either, once they're old
enough to stay awake longer during the day and sleep longer at night.
Both of my babies objected to their sleep being disturbed by...
Forum: General April 20th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Pologirl
baby burp problems

Good tips about burping technique. The top of his stomach should be
on his left side, so to help the burp come out you would lean the baby
to his right. When my babies needed to burp they got not...
Forum: General April 8th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Pologirl
toe walking

Toypup,

As I guess you know, toe walking can run in families and be
idiopathic, meaning not be a sign of anything else. Sometimes toe
walking is an unconscious accommodation for toe drop, which...
Forum: Pregnancy April 8th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By Pologirl
Fluid Around The Heart...Please Help

Jamie Clark wrote:
And as hard as it may be right now, trust me, "watch and wait" is a far
better answer than -- "incompatible with life."

That's for sure. No answer can be a lot better than an...
Forum: Pregnancy April 8th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By Pologirl
Fluid Around The Heart...Please Help

rchelle3 wrote:
I just want some answers

Of course. But the answer you are likely to get is that many
anomalies seen on prenatal scans turn out to be nothing but you don't
know what the outcome...
Forum: Pregnancy March 25th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 17
Posted By Pologirl
Little Dude got born

Congratulations, Kate!

You have convinced me about the gestational diabetes thing. Please
put a reminder to yourself in your "baby" folder. Another thought
would be to evaluate your diet anyway,...
Forum: Pregnancy March 21st 08, 09:53 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 11
Posted By Pologirl
Constant thirst

Lu-lu, have you got your little one's drinking sorted out?

A couple of thoughts I had a

How many calories is she getting per day from food and drink? She may
need more calories than she is...
Forum: General February 12th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Pologirl
glue

deja.blues wrote:
Contact cement, or rubber cement.

Agree. (Super glue and hot glue are not good if the item is
flexible.)

Pologirl
Forum: Pregnancy February 8th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 26
Posted By Pologirl
Baby poop stains...

My procedure for eliminating "blowout" poopy stains:

1. Rinse off any solids
2. Rub with enzyme based stain remover (eg Stain Stick)
3. Toss in laundry basket
4. Wash a few days later, in hot...
Forum: Pregnancy January 31st 08, 09:52 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 5
Posted By Pologirl
iron vitamins during pregnany

April wrote:
Just wondering if it's safe to use an iron vitamin during pregnacy. The last
couple of weeks I've felt really tired and very sluggish [...]

Short answer: yes.

Pregnant women often...
Forum: Pregnancy January 30th 08, 05:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 9
Posted By Pologirl
midwife appointment

April wrote:
My blood pressure is low 90/50 and I'm now wondering what
that means

90/50 means you have absolutely nothing to worry about there.

Pologirl
Forum: Pregnancy January 27th 08, 05:23 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 38
Posted By Pologirl
OT -- Scary Weekend...

Another by the way...

Jamie, your DH did not experience of his loss of consciousness. He
did not experience the terror that you experienced. He didn't even
experience his own falling down, and he...
Forum: Pregnancy January 27th 08, 05:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 38
Posted By Pologirl
OT -- Scary Weekend...

Well, thank your lucky stars, Jamie. Your DH did not have an episode
while driving his car! He is mostly healthy, but he has a condition
that causes sudden and unpredictable loss of consciousness. ...
Forum: General January 23rd 08, 08:19 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 36
Posted By Pologirl
Kids' breakfast

We buy no junk cereals. Cereals we do buy: Cheerios, corn flakes,
oat flakes, raisin bran flakes, chex, shredded wheat, puffed rice,
puffed mixed grains, corn pops (okay you might count that as a...
Forum: General January 23rd 08, 05:11 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Pologirl
Oral rehydration salts

When someone has gastroenteritis (stomach flu), rehydration therapy is
best started right away, to *prevent* dehydration. Severe dehydration
needs immediate medical attention, usually in a...
Forum: General January 20th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Pologirl
Oral rehydration salts

"Sue" wrote:
Is Pedialyte cheaper?

Pedialyte is among the most expensive brands, as far as ORT solutions
go, and the brand is only solutions, no packets.

Re all the...
Forum: General January 20th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Pologirl
Oral rehydration salts

'Tis the season for gastroenteritis. To prevent life-threatening
dehydration due to severe diarrhea, I have been using pre-mixed oral
rehydration solution. However even the generic store brand...
Forum: Pregnancy January 19th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By Pologirl
Joanna doc appointment update

April is in the UK, so here are some UK links to light a fire...
Forum: Pregnancy January 18th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 25
Posted By Pologirl
update from me

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
unless you conduct a little experiment, it can be really hard to tell

Exactly!

Note that the doctors are already conducting little experiments of
their own, by prescribing...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100