Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anne Rogers[_4_]
Forum: Pregnancy March 26th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 192
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Preparing sibling for birth process?

I agree. Birth is not a medical procedure unless a c-section is necessary.

well not quite, you can have complications that turn birth into a
medical procedure and are necessary, but ultimately...
Forum: Pregnancy March 25th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 17
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Little Dude got born

Thanks! If it's spells of forgetting to breathe that's the last thing
keeping a baby in the NICU, usually their discharge is set by a
countdown from the last event. That way you have a time...
Forum: Pregnancy March 25th 08, 06:42 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 17
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Little Dude got born

WOW, that gave me a shock, it was literally 2 or 3 hours ago that I was
noticing your due date and realising it wasn't far and he'd already been
born!

Sounds pretty scary and all rather too...
Forum: General March 17th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 19
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Air head!

I was also vague (and still am, but not quite as much). One year, I lost
three sets of swimming costumes and towels in a fortnight of school swimming
lessons. Left them behind on the school...
Forum: General March 17th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 187
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Preparing sibling for birth process?

I'm pretty sure your grandfather wasn't in the delivery room when your
parent was born and I am sure he had a great and healthy marriage.

Well, one of my grandads is still alive and has been...
Forum: Pregnancy March 17th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 192
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Preparing sibling for birth process?

I'm pretty sure your grandfather wasn't in the delivery room when your
parent was born and I am sure he had a great and healthy marriage.

Well, one of my grandads is still alive and has been...
Forum: General March 16th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Netiquette - PLEASE SNIP WHAT YOU ARE NOT RESPONDING TO

I realise I'm being grouchy here, but this is a longstanding problem on
this group among people who should really know better, and it has been
driving me nuts for ages.

So I guess the...
Forum: General March 15th 08, 05:37 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 98
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
2-year-olds reading?

Hoagies and Davidson-Davidson is actually more helpful in some ways,
although I don't know that DD would qualify for their programs, or that I'd
want her in them (they're VERY focused on...
Forum: General March 15th 08, 04:16 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 120
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
The PLAN How to stop the night wakings?

cjra wrote:
Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions. After discussing various
options with DH, here's what we're going to do for at least 10 days.
Pantley claims 10 days, if at that point...
Forum: Breastfeeding March 15th 08, 04:16 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

cjra wrote:
Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions. After discussing various
options with DH, here's what we're going to do for at least 10 days.
Pantley claims 10 days, if at that point...
Forum: Pregnancy March 15th 08, 04:16 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

cjra wrote:
Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions. After discussing various
options with DH, here's what we're going to do for at least 10 days.
Pantley claims 10 days, if at that point...
Forum: Breastfeeding March 15th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

I'm just thinking that odds are you're not very likely
to accomplish the goal of having her and you sleep through
soundly without different rooms.

Unfortunately, based on what I'm hearing,...
Forum: General March 15th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 120
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

I'm just thinking that odds are you're not very likely
to accomplish the goal of having her and you sleep through
soundly without different rooms.

Unfortunately, based on what I'm hearing,...
Forum: Pregnancy March 15th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

I'm just thinking that odds are you're not very likely
to accomplish the goal of having her and you sleep through
soundly without different rooms.

Unfortunately, based on what I'm hearing,...
Forum: General March 15th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
Alternative to Cow's Milk ?

Basically that we're not baby cows.

Nor are we baby soy beans. That statement really only has any value in a
cows milk based formula versus breastmilk debate. When it comes to
expanding a diet...
Forum: General March 14th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 120
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

Thanks for this reassurance, everyone always blames co-sleeping, but
we would not have survived the first year if we didn't co-sleep.She
reverse cycled at 12 weeks, and that was that.

Forum: Pregnancy March 14th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

Thanks for this reassurance, everyone always blames co-sleeping, but
we would not have survived the first year if we didn't co-sleep.She
reverse cycled at 12 weeks, and that was that.

Forum: Breastfeeding March 14th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

Thanks for this reassurance, everyone always blames co-sleeping, but
we would not have survived the first year if we didn't co-sleep.She
reverse cycled at 12 weeks, and that was that.

Forum: Breastfeeding March 14th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

MarieD wrote:
"Rosalie B." wrote in message
Why does the area have to be quiet? One of the other things that...
Forum: Pregnancy March 14th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]

MarieD wrote:
"Rosalie B." wrote in message
Why does the area have to be quiet? One of the other things that...
Forum: General March 14th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 120
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]

MarieD wrote:
"Rosalie B." wrote in message
Why does the area have to be quiet? One of the other things that...
Forum: General March 13th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 120
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

Yeah, I think you are right there. Now we have to decide which option
to try first. I think first up is putting the crib next to the bed and
just touching her but not picking her up. We'll try...
Forum: General March 13th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 120
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

See, that seems a bit wonky to me. If she's well into
a routine, I just wouldn't expect to see that much variation in
how long it takes her to get to sleep. I'm not sure if that's
being...
Forum: Breastfeeding March 13th 08, 10:13 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]
How to stop the night wakings?

Not unless we win the lottery and can pay someone to do it. We
scheduled out every weekend based on what needs to be done, and came
up with a September end date. No other rooms are 'complete'...
Forum: Pregnancy March 13th 08, 10:13 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 58
Posted By Anne Rogers[_4_]