Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J's Mama
Forum: Breastfeeding August 25th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By J's Mama
how many feeds a day for your baby...?

I just want to know what people have experienced themselves -- which,
naturally, would be dependent on their different attitudes/practices!
:) I also would be interested to know if there were an...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 23rd 06, 11:49 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By J's Mama
how many feeds a day for your baby...?

It seems like it's really hard to find info about what is "normal" for
breastfeeding an older baby. There's tons and tons of info about
newborns -- how many feeding are normal, approximately how many...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 18th 06, 09:29 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
shallow latch, fast milk flow -- help!

Thanks for the tip about sandwiching -- I think that's going to help
some. :) As far as where I heard about not controling baby's head after
latching on, it seemed like a lot of the latch-on...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 18th 06, 01:20 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
shallow latch, fast milk flow -- help!

This makes a lot of sense to me, but DS will actually stop nursing
entirely if he gets too fed up with me unlatching, latching,
unlatching, latching, etc! He's 8-1/2 months now and having...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 18th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
shallow latch, fast milk flow -- help!

Thanks for the link -- I think some of the principles there are
helpful! :) I wish the only part of the feeding that was "overactive"
was the let-down -- I think the flow stays fast and furious the...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 18th 06, 01:12 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
shallow latch, fast milk flow -- help!

Ah, yes -- I've read that about catching the spray in the diaper
before, but actually, I never leak or spray! Funny, perhaps, but true!
I've also sort of tried holding his head in place before, too,...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 17th 06, 06:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
shallow latch, fast milk flow -- help!

I've recently switched nursing positions from cradle or cross-cradle to
side-lying, which seems to be more comfortable for both DS and I
(hooray)! My concern now, though, is that DS has started...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 14th 06, 05:07 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
no-cry breastfeeding solution?

Catherine Woodgold wrote:
Don't worry! It doesn't matter how many times he
breastfeeds in a day; since he gained weight well,
he obviously gets plenty of milk, lots at each feeding.
So it's...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 5th 06, 08:42 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
no-cry breastfeeding solution?

I forgot to mention what I've actually been doing with solids: I'm
feeding him as much as he wants twice a day (morning and early
afternoon). I stop feeding him when he stops "asking" for it with...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 5th 06, 05:10 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By J's Mama
no-cry breastfeeding solution?

My 7-mo-old has never wanted to nurse as often as he "should" (e.g.
instead of 8-12 times a day as a newborn, he was nursing 6-7 times a
day) -- but he's always gained weight well and if I try to...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10