Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 2.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nikki
Forum: Pregnancy June 29th 09, 04:55 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By Nikki
It's a girl!

Anne Rogers wrote:
We didn't know the gender, but right from the beginning had thought we
were having a boy, so it was a big surprise when out came a little girl!

Grace Elizabeth, 7lb4oz,...
Forum: General February 2nd 09, 04:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Nikki
Really losing my patience...

Kat wrote:

To me this is picking my battles because around here, we all shower. It's
not optional. Is there a better way I can handle this and deal with it?
Clearly I'm sick of fighting...
Forum: General January 27th 09, 04:13 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Nikki
A bike

Welches wrote:

When #2 comes back, they object to having their bike taken, but parent
points out that #1's old bike is available. When #1's old bike is got out,
however, even lowered to the...
Forum: Pregnancy January 26th 09, 04:30 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Nikki
A possible TMI question

Kat wrote:

I know this is very long and rambling, and I do realize this is probably
WAAAAAY TMI, but I'm hoping someone might be able to offer something...
Either actual solid advice or even...
Forum: General January 23rd 09, 07:25 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Nikki
Cloth diaper question...

Kat wrote:

I did email, just to make sure I had the right email address first. Not
sure if you got it or not, but I did send a quick email a little earlier.

--

Nikki

I'm on a...
Forum: General January 23rd 09, 06:47 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Nikki
Cloth diaper question...

Kat wrote:

One thing I don't want to do is HAVE to wash diapers at least every day due
to not having enough.

I don't blame you :)

I had enough so I only needed to wash every 3-4 days and...
Forum: General January 20th 09, 05:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Nikki
Cloth diaper question...

enigma wrote:
Nikki wrote in
:

I gave all my covers away but I have a ton of diapers (very good
prefolds) if you...
Forum: Pregnancy January 20th 09, 03:50 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 2
Posted By Nikki
Diaper bag - check

Kat wrote:

Is there anything I'm missing? Baby wise, I mean, as my own bag of stuff is
another story lol

You sound set to me.

Just wanted to say that cloth is fine I'm sure but I found...
Forum: General January 20th 09, 03:48 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Nikki
Cloth diaper question...

Kat wrote:

Any suggestions on how many diapers I should have handy and ready to go?

I cloth diapered and I would say to plan on 10 diapers and 3 covers per
day for newborns and 10 diapers and...
Forum: General January 19th 09, 07:55 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Nikki
What kind of TV programs do your kids watch?

Dad wrote:
I am just wondering!

My DS (almost 7yr old) likes to watch re runs of
I carly and Drake and Josh, so my 4yr old DD watches
those with him too. I think most of the episodes are...
Forum: General January 13th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Nikki
Parent conference vent

Donna Metler wrote:
I just got a note on these from my daughter's school, and
I'm wondering how it's handled elsewhere.

In preschool the conferences were from 1-3 (or something like that - I...
Forum: General January 7th 09, 03:47 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Nikki
cars - sliding door v. regular door

Anne Rogers wrote:
We're still trying to decide between a minivan and a midsize SUV
(something like a Honda Pilot). One of the main differences that I think
would effect us is the sliding...
Forum: General December 17th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Nikki
Sigh. Confused more than ever about orthodontics.

toypup wrote:

I wonder if they have to pull baby teeth to let the adult teeth through,
if that means there will be no room for adult teeth when they are all
in. I mean, baby teeth are much...
Forum: General December 16th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Nikki
Update for DD1

Kat wrote:
Originally the assessment came
back that DD had a severe phonological delay and a couple other delays,

The preschool programs sound very promising. I hope she gets into one
of...
Forum: General December 16th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Nikki
Sigh. Confused more than ever about orthodontics.

toypup wrote:

Okay, I think if I go get a third opinion, the opinion will depend of if
I go to a pediatric dentist or an orthodontist as they both have a
different focus and financial...
Forum: General December 15th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By Nikki
birthday in february

toypup wrote:
We are celebrating DD's birthday on Sunday, February 8. School is out
on Monday, February 9, for Lincoln's birthday. I think most people work
on Lincoln's birthday. So, the...
Forum: General December 15th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 13
Posted By Nikki
DD1 and her speech

Anne Rogers wrote:

I don't know anything about the various programs but I am a huge
proponent of speech therapy when needed. My oldest son had a
significant language delay and both my...
Forum: General December 15th 08, 03:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 13
Posted By Nikki
DD1 and her speech

Anne Rogers wrote:

I think she would benefit from some kind of speech therapy, but even
if she has difficulties forming words, that wouldn't have anything to
do with the amount of words...
Forum: General December 10th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 13
Posted By Nikki
DD1 and her speech

Kat wrote:
This friend suggested even testing
things like fine and gross motor skills and basically everything under the
sun - partially to see if there's any other issues AND to try and get...
Forum: General December 10th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 13
Posted By Nikki
DD1 and her speech

Kat wrote:

Has anyone had to deal with something like this? Obviously programs
available where I am most likely won't be the same as where other people
are, but there seems to be a few...
Forum: General December 2nd 08, 09:23 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Nikki
Now I have to brag a little!

Kat wrote:
He brought home his school report card the other day. He's in grade 2 now.
As I went reading through his report card, I have to say he did excellent,
once again.

Wonderful!!!...
Forum: Pregnancy November 4th 08, 10:21 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By Nikki
I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Wow,

That is a lot to think about. If you start with a vaginal delivery will
you know or feel if things are to difficult or do you not know the
extent of the injury until afterwards?

I'm...
Forum: Pregnancy October 28th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 22
Posted By Nikki
another expecting the unexpected

Anne Rogers wrote:
I guess that counts as an announcement! Much to our surprise we seem to
be expecting number 3.

Yay - Congratulations!!! I wish you only the best pregnancy and delivery!!!

Forum: General October 22nd 08, 03:08 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By Nikki
Boots! (common I'm sure)

Babie wrote:

Compared to other things, this is really our only "fight" we have with
her. One way we handle it is making her choose what she wants to wear to
school the night before after her...
Forum: General October 17th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Nikki
My son's friend

Shelley wrote:

My son, J, doesn't really want to play with this boy, C, but C won't leave
him alone. C will always sit with him on the bus and follow him around on
the playground.

My son...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100