Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sue
Forum: General November 2nd 08, 02:03 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Sue
what to do when your kid hurts another

Holy crap, not all of what your planning, that's for sure. Sending the child
home, having your son apologize, and sending your son to his room would be
all I would do. I think you are...
Forum: General September 15th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By Sue
Well, it's finally the end.

My only advice is to stay strong and not let him back again. As far as the
kids are concerned, does N want to see his kids? If he does, then supervised
visits at your house or other public place...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Sue
school supplies!

I really have no complaints about our school. The problems that I have had,
I took it to the person that it was a problem and it was solved. We had one
really bad teacher in elementary school and I...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Sue
school supplies!

"Michelle J. Haines" wrote in message
And they also get their backs up about us somewhat fast BECAUSE we're
ex-homeschoolers, I think. Maybe that's because AS...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Sue
school supplies!

I have never gotten a letter from our teachers that we had to volunteer for
anything or that we have to buy extra for others. It is stated that they
could use these things in the classroom and if...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Sue
school supplies!

I'll never forget being at one of the PTA meetings early on in my kids
elementary years. There was a fairly new parent at the meeting and we were
discussing the events that were going to happen in...
Forum: General September 5th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Sue
school supplies!

Yes, all of that plus there are some of us who have 2-3 kids and sometimes
they all need something at the same time. I seem to get nickel and dimed and
even if the money won't break the bank for...
Forum: General September 3rd 08, 07:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Sue
school supplies!

"MarieD" wrote in message
brand of pencil, it's outrageous. Kleenex, antibacterial hand stuff, WHY
do people think it's ok to constantly use that antibacterial stuff.

I am not...
Forum: General September 3rd 08, 11:03 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Sue
school supplies!

Yep, pretty stressful. For the exception of this year, I tend to buy school
supplies throughout the year and in the beginning of the summer when it is
not a hardship financially or on my sanity....
Forum: General August 20th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Sue
selecting a ped.

We go to a ped's office that has both female and male doctors so they have
built a relationship with all of them and now that they have met all of the
doctors, they do have their preference, so I...
Forum: General August 20th 08, 01:53 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Sue
Snacks and preschool

No you cannot change the snack schedule at school to fit your needs. Your
daughter will adjust and/or you can adjust lunch, snack, and dinner to fit
her needs better at home. I used to feed the...
Forum: General August 18th 08, 12:24 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 1
Posted By Sue
test

Just testing.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)
Forum: General August 17th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to misc.kids

"toypup" wrote in message
It wasn't that I couldn't go on short notice. It was that I would have
gone expecting my brother to be there, expecting him to expect me to
Forum: General August 14th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By Sue
braces

Ugh. Two of my girls need braces, but I cannot afford the down payment on
both of them yet. So they are going to have to wait. I am hoping that once I
am done with school and get a better job, that...
Forum: General August 8th 08, 04:11 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Sue
DD2, the Blankie Baby

No, I don't think the blanket is a huge deal. DD1 had a similar blanket that
she carried everywhere and I let her do it. It was her comfort object. She
slept with the blanket until she was around...
Forum: General July 31st 08, 01:22 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 21
Posted By Sue
School Breakfasts (and lunches)

Stephanie, I think what you are missing is that most of us serve healthy
breakfasts and dinners. If lunch is less than healthy, it is one meal out of
a child's diet. Moderation is the key. You are...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By Sue
Cultural differences..

"NL" wrote in message
I'm unemployed right now. Oh, it's called "seeking employment". Germany
doesn't have unemployed people anymore *cough*. We have a welfare system
that...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By Sue
Cultural differences..

"NL" wrote in message
When I was working (I'm a SAHM right now and probably won't be able to
find work for a while) I was commuting about 20 minutes by bus plus a
short...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By Sue
Cultural differences..

Two of my children can walk to school, but in the winter, it is hard for
them as the sidewalks are very icy and snowy. My high schooler takes the bus
to school. I really can't walk many places at...
Forum: General July 10th 08, 11:43 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Sue
grandparents and parents

I've had some issues with both sets of grandparents. When my first was born,
she was a sick baby and required surgery at 2 months and then a liver
transplant at 7 months. My mom was afraid to take...
Forum: General June 29th 08, 02:00 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By Sue
Is my son developing too early???

These are questions for a dentist, but as the others have pointed out, kids
develop at all rates and ages. Here is a website that I googled about
children and teeth that perhaps will help you learn...
Forum: General June 28th 08, 03:28 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Sue
Preschool in a school with uniforms-trying to figure things out.

I think that you are going to have to contact the school because we are not
going to have a clue what the protocol is at that particular school. Is
there anyone else that you know that is going to...
Forum: General June 13th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Sue
test

ROTFL.

Sue (mom to three girls)

"MarieD" wrote in message ...
"Sue" wrote in message
Forum: General June 13th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Sue
test

test
Forum: General June 12th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Sue
car sleeping

How about one of those travel pillows. They are oval shaped and fit around
the neck.

http://www.ezysleep.com/

Sue (mom to three girls)