Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 5.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nathan A. Barclay
Forum: Spanking December 15th 06, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 31
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Conversation with Dr. Embry re Spanking and Street Entry

"Doan" wrote in message
Kane wrote:

I'll be interested to see what Doan makes of it, and you, for that
Forum: Spanking December 14th 06, 08:23 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 31
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Conversation with Dr. Embry re Spanking and Street Entry

Kane, did you notice what Dr. Embry wrote about how enormously more likely
children are to develop pathological conditions when there is an imbalance
that gives children a lot more negative...
Forum: Spanking December 14th 06, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 31
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Conversation with Dr. Embry re Spanking and Street Entry

For anyone who hasn't been following it, the thread "Teenagers faced with
spankings" turned to a discussion of a study by Dr. Dennis Embry regarding
spankings and children entering the street. A...
Forum: Spanking December 14th 06, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

It looks to me like your goal here is to harass Doan, or to use me as a pawn
in your conflict with Doan some other way, or maybe to keep things
unnecessarily difficult for me. If the situation...
Forum: Spanking December 13th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

Kane, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in wasting either my time or
yours in deliberate harassment. I think you're so used to Doan's
bomb-throwing that it's making you a little bit...
Forum: Spanking December 13th 06, 09:29 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

Kane, did I catch things correctly that you do have a PDF of Dr. Embry's
study but it's a really lousy one? If so, and if it's not so terrible as to
be totally and completely useless, could you...
Forum: Spanking December 12th 06, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message
Nathan A. Barclay wrote:
Kane, I looked over your post at
Forum: Spanking December 12th 06, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

Kane, I looked over your post at
http://www.talkaboutparenting.com/group/alt.parenting.spanking/messages/142745.html ,
and unless I missed something (possible since I just skimmed over some
places...
Forum: Spanking December 12th 06, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message
Nathan A. Barclay wrote:

When kids understand the concept of justice, they don't...
Forum: Spanking December 11th 06, 12:57 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message
Nathan A. Barclay wrote:

snip

And
when there is a gray area, children should...
Forum: Spanking December 11th 06, 09:54 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

The real root of our education system's problems is that there is no way to
get genuine accountability in a monopoly - at least certainly not when the
"product" involved is something as complex and...
Forum: Spanking December 11th 06, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 7
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Punishments and "Consequences"

"0:-" wrote in message
Nathan A. Barclay wrote:
Kane and I have been arguing about whether his "consequences" -...
Forum: Spanking December 11th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message

The distrust of teachers has been carefully cultivated as part of the
campaign to...
Forum: Spanking December 11th 06, 12:05 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 7
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Punishments and "Consequences"

Kane and I have been arguing about whether his "consequences" - for example,
making a child who shoplifts sweep while he's thinking about what he did, or
making a child who runs out in the street...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message

Nathan A. Barclay wrote:
"0:-" wrote in message
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message

Nathan A. Barclay wrote:
Is "sit and watch" triggered by the child's going out in...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 09:41 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message

Nothing wrong with testing. The problem is now they are teaching to the
test, and...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message

Okay. YOU call it a punishment, I call it a consequence.

Herein lies your...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message
Nathan A. Barclay wrote:
Explain why there hasn't been a massive increase in children's...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

Kane, if you want me to read a study, either give me a copy or point me
directly to where I can find it on the Internet. Or if you are unwilling or
unable to do that, you need to accept that there...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 08:10 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"0:-" wrote in message

I didn't make that claim. My claim is, as you conveniently point out for
me, quoting...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 08:09 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

Kane, I find it maddening when I make a complex argument and, in your reply,
you keep interrupting to snipe at each sentence or two. It's as if you have
a deliberate desire to make sure my...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

Is "sit and watch" triggered by the child's going out in the street?

"0:-" wrote in message

Nathan A....
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

I presume that Greegor meant ideologue but misspelled it in a way that
happened to end up being a different word.

"0:-" wrote in message...
Forum: Spanking December 10th 06, 06:13 AM Posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Replies: 165
Posted By Nathan A. Barclay
Teenagers faced with spankings

"Doan" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Nathan A. Barclay wrote:

The Safe Playing program has little to do with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34