Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: betsy
Forum: General February 27th 10, 01:16 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By betsy
Dinner

dr_jeff wrote:
From the New York Times:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/26/setting-mealtime-rules/?pagemode=print

Seems like reasonable rules to me.

Jeff

In order to...
Forum: General February 17th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By betsy
Buying dumb things using allowance money

Ignoramus15568 wrote:
My son, who is 8, is getting an allowanca and has accumulated some
money.

Now he wants to buy something that is, in my opinion, a complete
ripoff, which is a pack of...
Forum: Pregnancy January 9th 10, 12:38 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By betsy
Is Gas Durring Pregnancy Normal?

Rebma Llocsird wrote:
It seems like a funny question to ask, but my daughter is now 3 months
pregnant and has had lots of gas latley. When I was pregnant with my
youngest son, I had the same...
Forum: General November 25th 09, 02:51 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 11
Posted By betsy
Spelling

Rosalie B. wrote:
My niece is considering sending her child to private school because
they don't have spelling in the her son's class. The reason given is
that some people in the class are not...
Forum: Pregnancy May 28th 09, 09:51 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By betsy
It's a girl!

Anne Rogers wrote:
We didn't know the gender, but right from the beginning had thought we
were having a boy, so it was a big surprise when out came a little girl!

Grace Elizabeth, 7lb4oz,...
Forum: Pregnancy March 27th 09, 02:05 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 2
Posted By betsy
my latest experience with birth

MarieD wrote:
Today my neice had her second baby. It was a hospital birth. Every
single nurse who came in either asked if she wanted an epidural or tried
to convince her to have one, and when...
Forum: Pregnancy March 11th 09, 09:40 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By betsy
Well, Get me!

lu-lu wrote:
Hello!

My computer died in the worst kinda way, but I'm back! Back, with an extra
babby! And, would you believe, me, the hater of mess, had a home birth!

Short story is...
Forum: Pregnancy March 11th 09, 09:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 5
Posted By betsy
poll on babies after having high-needs baby

MarieD wrote:
If you had a high-needs baby, and went on to have more children, were
any of them high-needs also? I had two who weren't high-needs, then my

My second was a high-needs baby. I...
Forum: Breastfeeding February 27th 09, 08:47 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By betsy
Hello... Is anyone left here???

I'm still here too, just in case of a real post, but don't always
remember to check. I'm glad nursing is going so well.

My 12 month old took longer breaks between feedings than my others have
and...
Forum: Pregnancy February 12th 09, 09:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Woo
Posted By betsy
Woo

Kat wrote:
Well, after that last time I posted that little update, things seemed to
have gone alright.

Congratulations! I'm glad it went so well. It must be a relief to be
able to expect...
Forum: General February 10th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By betsy
How many uniforms for a kindergartener?

Donna Metler wrote:

There is a uniform exchange as kids get bigger, but DD is in size 3s at 4,
and will be entering K at 4 1/2, so it's unlikely there will be much
available for her (I'm...
Forum: General January 14th 09, 01:04 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By betsy
Parent conference vent

Donna Metler wrote:
I just got a note on these from my daughter's school, and
I'm wondering how it's handled elsewhere. I have to say, as
a mom, it almost seems like the school doesn't...
Forum: Pregnancy January 12th 09, 12:05 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By betsy
Doula Dilemma

Kat wrote:
"Sue" wrote in message
I personally would rather have a close friend be with me at a birth than
someone I...
Forum: Pregnancy January 2nd 09, 06:32 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 13
Posted By betsy
Another C-section question...

Kat wrote:

As it is, I will NOT have N in the room with me at the hospital. I doubt
I'll even care enough to call him at all, but no matter what, I do not care
to have him around me after...
Forum: General December 17th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By betsy
Update for DD1

Kat wrote:

The third one I called, the guy I talked to wanted to speak directly to the
lady we've been dealing with at the hospital. She called me back yesterday
and set up a quick...
Forum: Pregnancy December 16th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 4
Posted By betsy
maternity and nursing clothes

Anne Rogers wrote:
Being a foreigner, I don't know which stores sell maternity or nursing
stuff, particularly at the cheaper to middle end of the market, we live
in a relatively up market...
Forum: General December 11th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By betsy
vehicles

MarieD wrote:
My minivan went out and I will most likely need another vehicle. It was
a 7-passenger car. Where are all you families with lots of children, and
what car do you drive? I would...
Forum: General December 7th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 1
Posted By betsy
What a day!!

Kat wrote:

Kids all have shoes and jackets on, we walk out the door. I turn around to
lock the house door and DD1 wipes right out in the yard on the sidewalk. I
ran to her for some reason....
Forum: Pregnancy November 25th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By betsy
reason for avoiding fast heart rate

NL wrote:
betsy wrote:
snip
3469861400000062

I keep reading Banty instead of betsy and every time I think "What the
hey! She's only got one, doesn't she?!" and then I realize my...
Forum: Pregnancy November 22nd 08, 01:36 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By betsy
reason for avoiding fast heart rate

Anne Rogers wrote:
so, in some pregnancy books I've seen advice about exercise suggesting
to not have the heart rate go above a certain point, I assumed the
reason for this was that with no...
Forum: Pregnancy November 7th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By betsy
I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Anne Rogers wrote:

I might try that, DS does have a bit of a tendancy to dry, itchy skin.
This stuff was mostly the early stuff with colostrum still mixed in, so
I'm not sure it kept as well...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 7th 08, 03:00 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By betsy
biting?

NL wrote:
Ok, so Sara is 14 months old and still bf-ing lots. Problem is she has
teeth (4 top and 3 bottom teeth) and she bites while she nurses.
She doesn't chomp down, it's just that there...
Forum: Pregnancy November 5th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By betsy
I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Anne Rogers wrote:

she missed in ASAP. She doesn't do c-sections though. The main barrier
to this is I really have no intention of birthing in hospital if it's a
vaginal birth, mostly...
Forum: Pregnancy November 5th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By betsy
I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Anne Rogers wrote:

With that list, I sometimes wonder if I am even nuts to consider a
vaginal birth, then I think back to my first birth and if it were that
easy again, I'd be nuts to...
Forum: Pregnancy November 5th 08, 12:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By betsy
I'd appreciate any wisdom on type of birth...

Anne Rogers wrote:

Well I did last time, but the thing is, I seem to have fast labours, DS
was 1.5 hrs 1st stage, 16mins pushing. DD, was still fast in the grand
scheme of things, I didn't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100