Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anne Rogers
Forum: Pregnancy May 28th 09, 04:18 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By Anne Rogers
It's a girl!

We didn't know the gender, but right from the beginning had thought we
were having a boy, so it was a big surprise when out came a little girl!

Grace Elizabeth, 7lb4oz, 18.5in long, 13.75in head...
Forum: Pregnancy May 24th 09, 06:09 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 8
Posted By Anne Rogers
we're having our baby tomorrow!

Don't know if there is anyone out there, but this is just a quick note
to say we're scheduled for a c-section at 9am tomorrow morning.
Eventually we consulted with an ob, who talked to many other...
Forum: Pregnancy April 13th 09, 09:21 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 4
Posted By Anne Rogers
Asthma

Argh, wish I had your doctor too - When Jessica had ringworm, I had a job
even to get him to look at her leg! He wouldn't believe me, then when I said
I'd been a carer for 10 years, and had...
Forum: Pregnancy April 8th 09, 07:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 2
Posted By Anne Rogers
where I'm at

Seems like I'm the only person still pregnant! It's been great to see
Lu-Lu back and hear about the arrival of Kieran. I think it's strange
that in such a small group, we have two mums with...
Forum: Pregnancy April 8th 09, 05:58 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 1
Posted By Anne Rogers
So... Carlye...

Kat wrote:
Anything yet?? IIRC, you're just about a week over due, and now it's my
turn to sit and wonder!
Noticed you haven't posted for a couple days so just wondering if you're
still...
Forum: Pregnancy March 13th 09, 06:06 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By Anne Rogers
Well, Get me!

Congratulations, Lucy!

I vaguely remember that you seemed to disappear not long before I found
out I was expecting, I was worried about you because you'd seemed
anxious and though computer...
Forum: General March 8th 09, 04:10 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Anne Rogers
Foreign Preshool Teachers

Unfortunately that does sound like they don't have strong enough English
skills. DDs preschool teacher is Japanese, we find her accent hard to
understand and find it quite ironic when she's...
Forum: Pregnancy February 12th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Woo
Posted By Anne Rogers
Woo

Congratulations!

I was checking in all yesterday and assuming that no posts meant you
were in the hospital!

Anne
Forum: Pregnancy February 11th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 5
Posted By Anne Rogers
Update...

sounds like there is a good chance this is the real thing, fingers
crossed your next post will be announcing her birth.

Anne
Forum: General January 28th 09, 03:05 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Anne Rogers
Pocket money

I can see that either could raise resentment. Or neither. Which do you think
is fairer, or have you an alternative (not giving pocket money at all
doesn't count!!!)

Life isn't fair, so why...
Forum: Pregnancy January 26th 09, 07:38 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Anne Rogers
A possible TMI question

Your health line sounds rather unhelpful, though I suspect anyone is
going to be cautious with a heavily pregnant woman. You have an awful
lot of symptoms that don't really fit together and some of...
Forum: Pregnancy January 26th 09, 05:59 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 3
Posted By Anne Rogers
Evening Primrose Oil?

I've heard of this evening primrose oil, but haven't really heard all that
much about it. I'm also wondering where I would start looking for it...
Would it be found at a regular store? A...
Forum: General January 21st 09, 06:44 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Anne Rogers
Cloth diaper question...

So far I have 23 fully made. They're supposed to be small/newborn size, but
they seem to look fairly big to me, so I'm pretty sure they'll last a while.
I do have a washer and dryer, but I...
Forum: Pregnancy January 13th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 2
Posted By Anne Rogers
Safe to do 'harder' work?

So, is something like shoveling sidewalks alright to do at this point in
pregnancy?

I think you've got to listen to your body, there isn't anything doomed
to harm you in shovelling snow, but...
Forum: Pregnancy January 9th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By Anne Rogers
Doula Dilemma

Another sorta issue is that I know for a fact that my OB is not very
doula-friendly. I recently found out that my OB had a bad experience
once involving a doula, and now her (my OB)...
Forum: Pregnancy January 9th 09, 05:10 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By Anne Rogers
Doula Dilemma

No, not really. My mom doesn't really have anyone she could leave the kids
with (and have me still be comfortable), nor do I have anyone I could leave
them with and be comfortable. I'm...
Forum: Pregnancy January 9th 09, 05:08 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By Anne Rogers
Doula Dilemma

I think if I were you I'd pick a question to ask them and see what you
get - in your situation, I might say to them "My OB wants to schedule a
c-section if I go past 40 weeks, would you be able to...
Forum: General January 7th 09, 06:48 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Anne Rogers
cars - sliding door v. regular door

We're still trying to decide between a minivan and a midsize SUV
(something like a Honda Pilot). One of the main differences that I think
would effect us is the sliding doors of a minivan, or...
Forum: Pregnancy January 5th 09, 06:21 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 13
Posted By Anne Rogers
Another C-section question...

And if general anesthesia is not your friend,
you might look into some of the alternatives that don't
require it. I haven't looked into it in ages, but aren't
some of the new procedures...
Forum: Pregnancy January 5th 09, 05:46 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 13
Posted By Anne Rogers
Another C-section question...

I mean elective as in, "I don't want to do it the old fashioned way, so
please schedule me for a section". Not some kind of medical reason. There
are people, I know, that will simply decide...
Forum: Pregnancy January 5th 09, 05:37 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 13
Posted By Anne Rogers
Another C-section question...

Those that I know that have had a tubal went in for the surgery. They were
put out completely, the procedure was done and then they were sent home
shortly after. It didn't take too long...
Forum: General January 4th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
Posted By Anne Rogers
Ped appointment

I'm not sure WHY it's not part of the standard screening. It's not like
they're not drawing blood for other purposes pretty regularly.

Really? Our youngest has never had blood drawn, other than...
Forum: Pregnancy January 2nd 09, 04:00 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 13
Posted By Anne Rogers
Another C-section question...

First off, I do NOT agree with the elective C-sections at all...
But, with that said...
That's a bit silly, there are very valid medical reasons for a minority
of women to have a c-section, such...
Forum: Pregnancy January 1st 09, 08:24 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 2
Posted By Anne Rogers
revisiting the c-section question

Do you have a good idea what the worst case scenario is with a
vaginal birth? Is it likely that trouble will announce itself
in advance (i.e., if you are about to do damage, will you know
in...
Forum: Pregnancy December 30th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 1
Posted By Anne Rogers
Kat, how are you?

You didn't post again after mentioning the bad cramping, so I was
worried for a while, then I saw you had posted on misc.kids, so I wasn't
concerned, but I do want to know how you feel...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100