Fertility and BFing my toddler

I am feeding 13.5 month-old DD about 3 times a day and about three
months ago my period came back. Good news, because we are ready for
#2. I am not taking my morning temp. because I couldn't detect...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 25th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Erin

#2. I am not taking my morning temp. because I couldn't detect...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 29th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Erin
Is she getting enough protein?

On May 27, 2:42 pm, cjra wrote:
On May 26, 10:33 am, Erin wrote:

We've tried tofu but she vomitted 4 times that night. Not sure if it
Forum: Breastfeeding May 26th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 33
Posted By Erin
vegans sentenced for baby death

Just in case. For the archives.

"A vegan diet is equally dangerous for weaned babies and toddlers,
who
need plenty of protein and calcium. Too often, vegans turn to soy,
which actually inhibits...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 26th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Erin
Is she getting enough protein?

We've tried tofu but she vomitted 4 times that night. Not sure if it
was the tofu but I want to wait to try again.

I am now concerned about giving DD tofu. I have been giving her small
chunks...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 13th 07, 02:06 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Erin
Ant problem

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have been getting really good
about making sure her high chair and underneath are spotless after
each meal. It is a PITA because she also snacks, so we are...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 11th 07, 04:09 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Erin
Ant problem

Hello. I've been reading and occasionally posting to this board since
DD was born and feel like I know you better than just posting this to
a random child care discussion. So, forgive me if this...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 4th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By Erin
Fenugreek

On Apr 29, 11:19 am, "xkatx" wrote:
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

Forum: Breastfeeding April 26th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By Erin
Fenugreek

On Apr 24, 2:14 pm, Workingmom wrote:
I have a Danish friend staying in Houston.

She needs fenugreek - to treat a urinal infection.

Where do you buy fenugreek...
Forum: Breastfeeding April 9th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Erin
cosleepers who put their mattress on the floor....

On Apr 9, 12:29 am, "Linda" wrote:
Ok so this might be a dumb question, but those people who cosleep, and put
their mattress on the floor to prevent their kid(s) from rolling out...
Forum: Breastfeeding April 5th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Erin
What can I take for a cough?

On Mar 22, 9:49 pm, "cjra" wrote:
A really BAD cough?

I've had a cold -which starts with flu like symptoms but no fever -
every 2 weeks for months now. It gets better...
Forum: Breastfeeding January 11th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Erin
BF'ing Question

Amethyst Deceiver wrote:
John Smith wrote:
How old does a girl have to be before they can start nursing?

I think you should be back at school, not playing on your parents'
computer

I...
Forum: Breastfeeding December 17th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Erin
Can you save expressed milk if they don't finish the bottle?

I am sure you know this, but just in case... Don't reuse the milk if
it's been previously frozen. Once thawed, it should be consumed in 24
hrs.
wrote:
Hello,
My baby...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 7th 06, 07:33 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 13
Posted By Erin
UPDATE: help - feeding problem

My understanding is that you can continue to breastfeed as you normally
would. I also understand that both mom and baby should be treated at
the same time to avoid passing the yeast back and...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 01:08 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 4
Posted By Erin
How to start storing milk?

In about three days of consistent pumping, you will begin to get a
bigger yeild.

wrote:
I'm going to be working part time within the next month and I want to
start...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 01:04 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 13
Posted By Erin
help - feeding problem

Hopefully your thrush will not be as difficult to get rid of as mine.
(I needed to do all of this and change my diet). You need to see your
OBGYN. In the meantime, here are some quick things to give...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 6th 06, 12:54 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Erin
Difficulty nursing at night

Well she hasn't repeated her refusal as seriously as the other night. I
think the positioning and massaging the breasts before feeding may help
if she does this again. Thank you for taking such care...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 3rd 06, 07:02 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Erin
Difficulty nursing at night

My almost five month old fought the her last evening nursing last
night. Before a couple of days ago I was building up a stash of
expressed milk in the freezer. As a result, I made more milk than...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 3rd 06, 06:23 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Erin
Baby spits up blood after breast feeding

This happened to me. It is most likely your blood. Blood is an
irritant, so it makes baby spit up. You might want to consult with your
GYN to get some treatment for your nipples. Maybe a...
Forum: Breastfeeding October 31st 06, 06:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Erin
Question about pumping

What works for me is to pump after her first morning feed. You might
not get much for the first couple of days, but by day three or so, you
will have a bigger yeild.

I am at home and don't need to...
Forum: Breastfeeding October 4th 06, 07:47 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 28
Posted By Erin
Question, worried cause milk doesnt show up

Is he crying immediately when coming off the breast?

Are you sure he's crying because he's hungry?

Did your breasts ever become engorged? Very full?

Familie Knots wrote:
Hi Erin and everybody...
Forum: Breastfeeding October 3rd 06, 06:38 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 28
Posted By Erin
Question, worried cause milk doesnt show up

The pictures are really beautiful. Very nice family.

Are you having any fever at all? Chills? If this happens, it could be
mastitis. This needs to be treated right away by a doctor...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 30th 06, 05:45 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 16
Posted By Erin
NIP in church? Appropriate?

I guess a hungry baby contributes to the reverent atmosphere. I'm
sorry. I've been reading post after post about NIP and for me it comes
down to one thing: the child is hungry! How dare anyone think...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 30th 06, 05:37 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Erin
Didn't realise pumping would be such a Pain!

have a Medela Pump-In-Style. It is really loud but it is about 8yrs
old
now. I also don't think it is working very well. If I ever get
organized
I'm going to look about renting one to see if I...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 26th 06, 06:22 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 14
Posted By Erin
Antidepressants and nursing

I am on Zoloft and here is what my dr, who I absolutely trust and
adore, told me: Stay on it for 6 months. If you try to wean early and
your panic and anxiety comes back, it will make you feel worse....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27