Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brookben
Forum: Pregnancy February 9th 07, 01:32 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 11
Posted By Brookben
Dilating with no labor

Is this her first, or has she delivered other babies?

Yes, this is her first.
Forum: Breastfeeding February 7th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Brookben
Dilating with no labor

My sweet cousin was examined today and was found to have dilated to a
4 and has started effacing, but she has had no labor pains. She's due
Thursday. Her orgininal due date was in mid-March, but...
Forum: Pregnancy February 7th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 11
Posted By Brookben
Dilating with no labor

My sweet cousin was examined today and was found to have dilated to a
4 and has started effacing, but she has had no labor pains. She's due
Thursday. Her orgininal due date was in mid-March, but...
Forum: Breastfeeding January 20th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Brookben
Good or bad advice given?

Have you kept a journal of your foods? I have to wonder if he's
sensitive to something in your diet.

I know how completely thorough you are -- so I hesitate even saying
this. But I know that Lily...
Forum: Breastfeeding December 29th 06, 06:45 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Brookben
Adoption Breastfeeding

I have a friend who is adopting a newborn in March. She wants to
breastfeed and it will be her first breastfeeding experience.

Do any of you know anyone who has successfully breastfed an...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 25th 06, 12:16 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 22
Posted By Brookben
OT - Separation Anxiety?

Any ideas for THAT behavior? He really doesn't want me out of his
sight. Do we just wait for this to pass, or is there a method to this
madness?

KD & G

When my daughter went through this...
Forum: Breastfeeding November 24th 06, 06:10 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 1
Posted By Brookben
Dairy ?: is it possible?

My 11 month old has always shown sensitivities to dairy if I eat
something (by oversight) that has dairy in it. BUT, she ate something
with butter in it yesterday and seems perfectly fine. When I...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 18th 06, 04:53 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Brookben
Solids revert

My DD is about the same age and is doing the same thing.

We don't use jarred foods and usually puree our food or a veggie or
fruit. But, she flat out refuses foods she ate happily last week.

I...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 18th 06, 04:43 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Brookben
Milk after breastmilk

My baby is sensitive to cow milk, so won't even be an option. Which is
a good thing, in my opinion. Since coming off of milk products due to
nursing, I've found myself to be much more healthy...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 14th 06, 04:03 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 12
Posted By Brookben
Tweaking my nips

Yeah, she stopped when I gave her options. A chain is a good idea!

col wrote:
Brookben wrote:
DD tweaks my nips and it is soooo irritating! Her heart breaks when I
don't grant access......
Forum: Breastfeeding September 14th 06, 04:01 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Brookben
How to boost pumped breast milk quantity?

oatmeal is supposed to boost supply.

mummy wrote:
Hi,

I'm a working adult. My baby is 3 months old now. Before I came back
to work 4 weeks ago, I can pump around 180ml to 200 ml per day...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 7th 06, 02:47 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Brookben
tea anyone?

LOL, no they haven't. Not by the FDA (Federal Drug Administration). They
don't regularly test herbel medicines or teas. Sure they certainly could be
useful for different things, doesn't mean...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 7th 06, 05:16 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Brookben
tea anyone?

It's weird, I think, how someone would give Prevacid to their baby for
GERD, but have a thing about giving a known, safe tea.

Not all teas are safe for everyone. At least the Prevacid has...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 6th 06, 09:49 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Brookben
tea anyone?

When thinking of herbs, there is a distinction to be made between an
extract and a flower. Not all flowers are safe, to be sure, but the
ones that are known to be safe have been known to be safe for...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 6th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Brookben
tea anyone?

I have a thing about herbal supplements being an unregulated industry

For supplements, I must agree with you!

But to make chamomile or peppermint or whole-herb tea, there is no
regulating to be...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 5th 06, 11:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Brookben
tea anyone?

According to my herbal book:

- fennel does increase supply.

- the menthol in peppermint upsets some babies & is generally not given
directly until 1 year. (although she notes the usefulness in...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 5th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Brookben
tea anyone?

I drink chamomile tea A LOT and haven't given safety much thought - not
all herbs are unsafe. People drink black tea w/o a seconds thought, it
seems. Chamomile is a very useful tea and wouldn't...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 29th 06, 05:17 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Brookben
Solids

Not eating dairy is so normal for us these days that I didn't think to
add it. Lily is very sensitive to it and, though I've never given it
to her directly, I assume she'd have the same adverse...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 29th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Brookben
Solids

My 8 month old is very interested in solids now.

So, what to eat?

I'l love some tips on menu choices, website sources, etc.

Thanks!

Misti
Forum: Breastfeeding August 25th 06, 03:47 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Brookben
tonight on C5

I really enjoyed using my Hug-a-Bub sling, but once DS2 hit 10kg (at about
8mo) the building of his organisational skills had to give way to the
incipient destruction of my knee joints! I'm...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 23rd 06, 11:19 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 29
Posted By Brookben
This just made me madder than...

Well, that article was bunk.

At least there was a rebuttal:
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/196/story_19647_1.html
Forum: Breastfeeding August 23rd 06, 11:12 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Brookben
tonight on C5

Anne Rogers wrote:

Actually putting them on the floor to explore their surroundings is
easier.

hmm, most dinner times that is what happens to start off with, but for some
reason she...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 23rd 06, 12:32 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Brookben
"Just a Taste" of Solids

My grandmother was irate that I waited over 6 months to start my DD on
solids ("That baby won't ever learn to eat a variety!"). Lily wasn't
interested in solids on her 6 month birthday and I refused...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 20th 06, 04:37 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 12
Posted By Brookben
Tweaking my nips

As soon as DS2 was born I put the "baby necklace" back on: three
cylindrical fimo beads, strung on nice strong cotton cord (Thick!).

I love that idea! It seems like DD would have something...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 18th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 12
Posted By Brookben
Tweaking my nips

Marie wrote:
How old is your daughter?

She'll be 8 months tomorrow.

I just said NO and put her hand down. My 3.5 year
old's hand still wanders over to the other one, especially when she's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32