Showing results 1 to 25 of 71
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tori M[_2_]
Forum: General September 1st 07, 05:42 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
Ear rings

dragon wrote:
On Aug 31, 5:32 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
IMO ... not like you can do anything about it now, but Claires has about the
worst reputation for piercing that you...
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 04:33 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.education
Replies: 447
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
cover article in Time magazine on gifted education

I noticed that both examples had to do with homework. Disagreement w.r.t.
homework doesn't necessarily mean not valuing education.

Banty

And not doing the homework does not always make one...
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 04:27 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
Any Experience with Vision Therapy

Nikki wrote:
Does anyone have any input or experience with vision therapy.

One of my kids was referred to a Vision Therapy Clinic for an initial eval
and I wasn't going to make the...
Forum: General August 20th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 33
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
Need grammar, spelling help

A 9-year-old who is a good reader is going to encounter so many
exceptions to this supposed "rule" that I don't see how it could
possibly be helpful. It's not like "i before e, except after...
Forum: General August 19th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.education
Replies: 447
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
cover article in Time magazine on gifted education

My daughter was picking out words on signs before age 2, and is reading
through the easy reader section of the library at 2 1/2. She read 47 books
this summer for the summer reading club,...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 33
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
Need grammar, spelling help

I agree that by age 9, the child should be past learning all the phonics
rules, but if it is a rule that was missed that would help a child read
more fluently, I think it's worth going over. ...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 01:03 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 33
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
Need grammar, spelling help

toypup wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:29:42 -0500, Tori M wrote:

A friend of mine has found a gap in her oldest child's curriculum from
last year to this year. It has to do with the...
Forum: General August 17th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 33
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
Need grammar, spelling help

Jeff wrote:
Tori M wrote:
A friend of mine has found a gap in her oldest child's curriculum from
last year to this year. It has to do with the difference between
words like Bitter and...
Forum: General August 17th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 33
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
Need grammar, spelling help

A friend of mine has found a gap in her oldest child's curriculum from
last year to this year. It has to do with the difference between words
like Bitter and Biter. I can not seem to find a...
Forum: Spanking July 11th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

Stephanie wrote:
"Tori M" wrote in message
Forum: General July 11th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

Stephanie wrote:
"Tori M" wrote in message
Forum: General July 11th 07, 06:58 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

Did you bring your kids?

Yes I did actually. I read them 2 books and let them check out 1 each.

Tori
Forum: Spanking July 11th 07, 06:58 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

Did you bring your kids?

Yes I did actually. I read them 2 books and let them check out 1 each.

Tori
Forum: Spanking July 11th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

You're doing all the work. Let the librarian help you.

I have lived in the area for 5 years almost. If it isn't connected to
the interlibrary website the Librarians do not do much leg work...
Forum: General July 11th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

You're doing all the work. Let the librarian help you.

I have lived in the area for 5 years almost. If it isn't connected to
the interlibrary website the Librarians do not do much leg work...
Forum: Spanking July 11th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

You don't have to find it. Just go to the library with the title and
author and put in a request. Let them look for it.

At least that is what I did in the early 70s before there was much
Forum: General July 11th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

You don't have to find it. Just go to the library with the title and
author and put in a request. Let them look for it.

At least that is what I did in the early 70s before there was much
Forum: General July 11th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

http://www.amazon.com/Discipline-Life-Getting-Right-Children/dp/1887069062/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-1276980-8506061?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184002232&sr=8-1

Forum: Spanking July 11th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

http://www.amazon.com/Discipline-Life-Getting-Right-Children/dp/1887069062/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-1276980-8506061?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184002232&sr=8-1

Forum: Spanking July 10th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

Rosalie B. wrote:
Tori M wrote:

Go to the library and get them. Your kids should go, too.
Go to your bedroom and look around, that is the size of the...
Forum: General July 10th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Rosalie B. wrote:
Tori M wrote:

Go to the library and get them. Your kids should go, too.
Go to your bedroom and look around, that is the size of the...
Forum: Spanking July 10th 07, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

0:-] wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:25:29 -0500, Tori M
wrote:

Why then did you need to be spanked?
Oh I did not mean to imply that I was perfect. ...
Forum: General July 10th 07, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

wrote:

Why then did you need to be spanked?
Oh I did not mean to imply that I was perfect. ...
Forum: General July 10th 07, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids
Replies: 47
Posted By Tori M[_2_]
What the Research Says About Physical Punishment

It's just so sick. I can see Homer Simpson using that to terrorize the
kids, "Don't play in the road or you will DIE!!!! And mommy and daddy will
be DESTROYED!!!!! And it will be ALL YOUR...
Forum: Spanking July 10th 07, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids