Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen
Forum: General April 20th 08, 10:08 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Karen
baby burp problems

Greg R wrote:
We've tried the ant gas drops, still no
better.

Have you tried Gripe Water? We gave it to DD only a couple of times, but
it always worked like magic. Once, she mis-swallowed and...
Forum: General March 1st 08, 11:34 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Karen
Healthy Diets for children.

Karen wrote:
Jeff wrote:

What matters is the chemical structure, not how it got there. In other
words, it doesn't matter if it is natural or not. Artificial
(synthetic) vitamin C is...
Forum: Pregnancy March 1st 08, 05:33 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 18
Posted By Karen
Sleep training methods (was What age does parenting get easier?)

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
Karen wrote:
Sarah Vaughan wrote:

HTH. Fire ahead with questions if you have any.

Yes, that really did help. Thank you very much for your detailed
response,...
Forum: General March 1st 08, 05:05 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Karen
Healthy Diets for children.

Jeff wrote:

What matters is the chemical structure, not how it got there. In other
words, it doesn't matter if it is natural or not. Artificial (synthetic)
vitamin C is just as good...
Forum: General February 22nd 08, 05:52 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By Karen
newborn grunts

wrote:

Long story short ...she has a cow's milk protein
allergy and reflux. She is on a special formula now, we give her
zantac, and i had to stop breastfeeding...
Forum: Pregnancy February 20th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 18
Posted By Karen
What age does parenting get easier?

Sarah Vaughan wrote:

I found that the better sleep and peaceful dinners came after I found sa
gentle way to do some sleep training that I was happy with trying.

Can you elaborate on your...
Forum: Pregnancy February 19th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 26
Posted By Karen
Baby poop stains...

Jen wrote:
On Feb 11, 5:52 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:

Where are you? Could you post on a local freecycle or craigslist, see if
anyone has some to give away. Knowing we...
Forum: Pregnancy February 10th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 26
Posted By Karen
Baby poop stains...

I found that the most effective method is to simply hang the clothes out
in the sun for a couple of hours. For poop stains, this works extremely
well.
Not so well for food stains, though... Any...
Forum: Pregnancy February 2nd 08, 06:49 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen
Birth announcement and story

Jeni wrote:
Hi All

Just a quickie to say I gave birth to my second boy on Sunday 27th
January at 5.05am. He weighed 7lb 5oz and is very healthy. His name is
James David and he's...
Forum: General (moderated) December 13th 07, 04:02 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen
baby sign language and bilingual kids

wrote:

But you might want to check out the
Baby Signs book anyhow for hints on how to teach it, and suggestions
as to how you might choose or invent the best signs for your...
Forum: General (moderated) December 9th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen
baby sign language and bilingual kids

Our daughter is now almost seven months old. She is increasingly trying
to communicate with us by utterances or gestures, which we usually don't
understand. So we would like to start teaching her...
Forum: Breastfeeding December 5th 07, 03:41 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen
Can we do something

Sarah Vaughan wrote:

With regard to all the commercial spam, I hate it as well, but
unfortunately have no idea what we could do about it. :-(

Could we all move to another newsgroup or...
Forum: General November 4th 07, 10:07 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 48
Posted By Karen
Hi , to the hole group......(just to note)

enigma wrote:

is it not true the the Fruitcake is eternal though?

In my house it would be eternal and become ossified. Is there a market
for fruitcake relics yet?

Karen
Forum: Breastfeeding September 9th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen
Couple of Questions

Jeni Steers wrote:

I did try Lansinoh which worked for softening the nipple but I found it
stuck the breastpads so I ended up covered in cotton wool! Even the good
makes left bits.

When was...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 4th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen
Baby's head moves during breastfeeding

wrote:

I tend to listen to some classical music while breastfeeding. Would it
be harmful for the baby to listen to constant music or noise all the
time?

Yes, I...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 4th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen
Couple of Questions

Hi Jeni,

The first few weeks were agony for me, dd once threw up blood from my
cracked nipples, and I think I only just turned the corner on a
beginning mastitis. Lansinoh, applied after every...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 30th 07, 10:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Karen
introducing the occasional bottle of ebm

Oops, I knew I was bad at writing, but I hadn't realised it's been a
whole month since I posted this. So sorry, everyone, and thank you for
your excellent advice! Hi Anne, yes, it is me from m.k.p....
Forum: Pregnancy July 18th 07, 10:40 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 43
Posted By Karen
3D ultrasound question.

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

There probably is some movement on some of those factors, as
medical advancements allow us to do something about some conditions
prior to birth that couldn't have...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 13th 07, 12:39 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen
Good-bye and Thank you for all the fish...

Xdatinelia wrote:
Just a good-bye here.. I lost my son at 5 weeks and one day to sids.
Larry, who'se last name I can not remember atm, you were most helpful
this round of breastfeeding and...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 28th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Karen
introducing the occasional bottle of ebm

My daughter is seven weeks old and feeding well - ok, it often still
hurts quite a lot, but that's definitely getting better, and she's
healthy and growing. I want to keep breastfeeding her...
Forum: Pregnancy June 27th 07, 12:39 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen
When to start nursery

Anne Rogers wrote:
Jeni Steers wrote:
I have to say we didn't like the new Uni nursery, but perhaps we went
on a bad day. Anne brings up some important point about nap times - if
that...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 26th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Karen
Nursing vs. Expressed milk fed through a bottle

elanamig wrote:

1. I hold my newborn as much as I can, but not on my breast. Is this
enough?
2. He's a big baby (born at 9lb). By feeding him through a bottle
(with my milk, not...
Forum: Pregnancy June 23rd 07, 12:57 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen
When to start nursery

Skia Louise was born on 10th May in the pool of the midwife-led birthing
unit, Cambridge. All went well and, as planned, the only pain relief was
less than an hour of gas-and-air during transition....
Forum: Pregnancy June 18th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen
lamaze or french birth?

Connie wrote:
On Jun 15, 5:14 am, Karen wrote:
I had a water birth, which I can *highly* recommend, and I did the
breathing I learned in yoga classes (golden thread and...
Forum: Pregnancy June 14th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen
lamaze or french birth?

helloconnie wrote:
Hi,

I'm due to give birth in October, and I'm thinking of taking Lamaze or
having French birth (or water birth). Has anyone tried either of
these birthing methods? How...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58