Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anne Rogers[_5_]
Forum: General October 23rd 08, 03:31 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
DD wants her "boyfriend" at her birthday party

I really wouldn't worry about it, just invite him and cross your
fingers, DS has been to slightly girly parties and boyish parties where
the guests were fairly mixed, so I really wouldn't worry....
Forum: General October 22nd 08, 07:56 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
Traveling with kids...

We don't travel that much, so having kids hasn't interrupted it, though
with international moves we've done more than we expected.

We took DS to Cyprus (from the UK) aged 10 months, it was no more...
Forum: Pregnancy October 6th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 3
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
OT women's question

Since then I've also had a couple of migraines with aura which mean I'm not
advised to use them anyway.

I wasn't aware of that link, which makes it a no go for me, I'm actually
in my longest...
Forum: Pregnancy October 3rd 08, 10:41 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 3
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
OT women's question

not pregnancy just women's stuff, but I really need to ask about this
and my brain just isn't functioning well for me to work if out from scratch.

I've always suffered from something premenstural,...
Forum: General September 27th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
how much to pay a babysitter

What are people paying these days, I suspect there is going to be a
difference dependent on age and experience, but a ball park figure would
be helpful, I want to avoid insulting someone!

How...
Forum: Pregnancy September 27th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
Painful sneezing/coughing?

It sounds familiar to me for one pregnancy. Particularly putting my
leg up before a cough, or holding my side that hurts. I don't
remember it being really painful, but certainly painful enough...
Forum: Pregnancy September 27th 08, 12:33 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
Painful sneezing/coughing?

Kat wrote:
Is this normal??
It seems that many times that I sneeze or cough, it really hurts. I find
it's in my lower belly, often on the right side (but not limited to that
side) It's...
Forum: General September 26th 08, 10:13 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
OPC... Other People's Children

My family was close friends with a family of 3 girls. the older 2 did a lot
of different things and stuck to them. But the youngest would take something
up, decide it was too much work and...
Forum: General September 26th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 2
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
Private school vs SAHM?

Here's one way to look at it, during the olympics there was an article
on one of the news sites about the cost of raising an olympian. I'd put
money on there being many potential olympians out...
Forum: General September 26th 08, 09:42 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 26
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
After school activities for 6yr old

Beth Kevles wrote:
Hi --

Is it too much? It depends.

1. Is he happy taking the lessons?
2. Are YOU finding yourself stressed by his afterschool activities?
(Ie, too much driving...
Forum: General September 25th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
OPC... Other People's Children

Chookie, sounds like a tricky situation, you have my sympathies.

I was curious about the fact parents were there, because I think that
always creates a difficult environment for the teacher and the...
Forum: Pregnancy September 7th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
My concerns

Do you mean for the signing off appointment you don't get a HV? Cause round
here you take them to be weighed at the clinic which is done by the HV any
age up to school age (and beyond if...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 06:21 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

Oh, and BTW, I don't put up with the "I'm the teacher and I said so"
attitude, either. Just because you sent home a letter demanding I WILL
volunteer for a party for a holiday, doesn't mean...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 06:13 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

It's not very challenging at all. A good while before
the activity requiring the supplies you send home a note that
says the class is collecting pizza boxes for a project and
asking...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

I certainly relate to the dance stories, but in my
opinion, it ought to be self-evident that pretty much any
activity has stuff you need to know if you're going to pursue
it seriously,...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 12:31 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

What is it with shoeboxes anyway? Last year we had the teacher telling
the kids on monday that they need a shoebox on wednesday for an art
project. Well, there isn't even a shoe shop where I...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

Hear Hear! My school is very reasonable on costs and projects etc. I
don't really have complaints about it but this one is very difficult
sometimes. And to echo one of your other posts our...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

So, not that these are big huge deals that I ever complained to the teacher
about. But sometimes I don't think teachers and the like realize what a parent
has to do to scramble up some...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

Timing is definitely an issue, but I think some of it
just comes down to the fact that some people will trade money
for convenience and others will trade convenience for money.
Some would...
Forum: General September 5th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

If the school is in an area where the majority of students couldn't
afford such a trip, then that's when you have to start appealing to
local companies etc. not expecting the few that can...
Forum: General September 5th 08, 11:39 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

You know the interest rate, if it's fixed or not, the term, and whether or not
you can prepay, I hope. Do you?

Yup, those things at least are quite similar to the UK, not what they
typically...
Forum: General September 5th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

I don't either - and I'm not giving her a hard time. I'm also not
talking about asking a work colleague or neighbor. But if a person
(especially someone from another country) asks an...
Forum: General September 5th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

NL wrote:
Rosalie B. schrieb:
Anne Rogers wrote:

You also have the pressure of being expected to understand, it isn't
always acceptable for adults to ask "silly"...
Forum: Pregnancy September 5th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
My concerns

Hi Lucy, I wondered if you have ever had counselling? It really sounds
like you need someone who you can talk through some of these things with
as you do have a lot of things coming up and they...
Forum: General September 4th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Anne Rogers[_5_]
school supplies!

Nope. Abundantly clear it's not a fundraiser.

Only if you read it, I do try to be quite diligent, but the number of
things that do come home as fundraisers that I'm not interested in, I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47