Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Penny Gaines[_2_]
Forum: General July 29th 09, 09:18 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
8 year old boy cannot run up a 30 ft high hill

Ignoramus9483 wrote:
My son is 8 years old and surprised me recently. He could not run all
the way up to a 30 foot tall (in my estimation) hill.

I am 38, moderately overweight, and I have...
Forum: General July 25th 09, 01:58 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 2
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
pneumonia

Welches wrote:
Just wondered if any of the medical people on here could throw any light on
this.
My 8yo has just been diagnosed with pneumonia. (Not swine flue related)
after complaining of...
Forum: General April 12th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
so, did everyone defect from usenet?

enigma wrote:
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

I'm still here, and checking most days.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to...

Donna Metler wrote:
For those who have/have had children in schools which use uniforms, do you
have any suggestions on how and what to buy? DD will be required to actually
wear the full...
Forum: General January 29th 09, 12:34 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
A bike

Welches wrote:[snip]
Probably more relevent to whether I'd got my bike back, I would have made
considerably less fuss at having my bike taken than my brother would have
made at giving it...
Forum: General January 27th 09, 04:15 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
A bike

Welches wrote:
Three children appoximately 3 years between each of them. #1 and #3 are
tall, #2 is small.
All use their bikes, although perhaps at that time #3 uses the bike slightly
more...
Forum: General January 17th 09, 01:09 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
Another question about funerals/death, by me.

Kat wrote:
My uncle died this morning, so now I have a funeral to go to.
This was an uncle that I was always very, very close to.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle ((hugs)).

[snip]
I now...
Forum: General December 12th 08, 11:41 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
birthday in february

toypup wrote:
We are celebrating DD's birthday on Sunday, February 8. School is out
on Monday, February 9, for Lincoln's birthday. I think most people work
on Lincoln's birthday. So, the...
Forum: General October 20th 08, 10:58 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 14
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
Re-introduction

Babie wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm not sure if any of you will remember me or not, but I recently
decided to resubscribe to this NG.

Here's some information about my family.

My name's...
Forum: General October 2nd 08, 03:58 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 39
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
How to deal with 7 year old?

I haven't got any practical advice for your situation.

However, 7yo is a difficult age for a parent, even for a 'good' kid in a
decent home life. This is the kind of age where you have to take the...
Forum: General September 28th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 26
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
After school activities for 6yr old

Dad wrote:
Ericka wrote:
Dad wrote:

If you elect music, however, be careful that whatever you
choose is really developmentally appropriate and that the
teacher is experienced...
Forum: General September 26th 08, 10:04 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 26
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
After school activities for 6yr old

Dad wrote:
How many times per week do you send your grade 1 kid to after school
activities?

Well, why do I ask?

I've put my son in minor hockey, the season will start next week. It is
Forum: General September 8th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 17
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
Ugh. DS, the accident waiting to happen...

Kat wrote:
It's lunch time - shortly after 12:30 here right now.
[snip]

So, guess I better get some stuff done here and wait for DS to come back
home. Hopefully it's not too bad, and here's...
Forum: General September 4th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:
Penny Gaines wrote:
[snip]
Over here, you pay tax when buying a house, but it has nothing to do
with property taxes going to the local council, it goes...
Forum: General September 4th 08, 07:54 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:
Banty wrote:

In article , Anne Rogers says...

I think that's a lot of the issue-that...
Forum: General September 4th 08, 07:41 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
school supplies!

Banty wrote:
In article , Anne Rogers says...

I think that's a lot of the issue-that there's some assumption that parents
know what's going...
Forum: General September 3rd 08, 11:46 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
school supplies!

Anne Rogers wrote:
If you want to get stressed, I have a good recipe...

...try to get school supplies on the evening before school starts!

I was in Tescos yesterday, and that was full of...
Forum: General July 30th 08, 06:29 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 30
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
School Breakfasts (and lunches)

Banty wrote:
In article , NL says...
[snip]
What I would consider an appropriate school breakfast/lunch would be a
sandwich with lunchmeat and/or cheese....
Forum: General July 23rd 08, 11:32 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 24
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
son is often tired

Stephanie wrote:
My son is very often tired. I am a firm believer in the importance of sleep!
I think the main problem is that his mind is always thinking and moving. He
has a hard time...
Forum: General June 5th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 0
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
Suck On This by Pat Thomas

D. C. Sessions wrote:
[snip]
Even more serious diseases are also linked with bottlefeeding. Compared
with infants who are fully breastfed even for only three to four months, a
baby...
Forum: General May 31st 08, 10:32 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Chookie wrote:
[snip]
No, a school rule that says that if my child hands out invitations, they have
to be for all the kids in his class. That isn't enforcing discretion; rather
the opposite,...
Forum: General May 19th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Banty wrote:
[snip]
The only sales parties I've been invited to of late have been from personal
invites, and people I know well enough that it's reasonable.

But, yeah, there's a lot of...
Forum: General May 19th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
RSVP (and pinatas)

Banty wrote:
[snip]
In that case it wasn't an apparent problem. Neither was it an apparent benefit.
It was, however, an *exposure*. Someone *may have* used the info for something
like a...
Forum: General May 15th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 19
Posted By Penny Gaines[_2_]
So the FAQ Is On Our Side! ( Can anybody point me to anyof these famous...

Suzanne at SuzCorner wrote:
[snip]
Ericka, Far from being a newbie, I used to post quite a bit on
misc.kids, back when there was only one misc.kids, and as far as I can
see, misc.kids...
Forum: Pregnancy May 15th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 18