Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.98 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lara
Forum: Breastfeeding August 17th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Lara
Shaken, not swirled

JessicaG wrote:

It just amazes me that such misinformation (possibly) is allowed to
perpetuate and be taught as truth. I can imagine folks feeling guilty over
shaking the...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 16th 07, 01:52 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Lara
Shaken, not swirled

JessicaG wrote:

http://www.bflrc.com/ljs/breastfeeding/shakenot.htm

Thanks for the link, it's one of the ones I had googled. This just sounds
very urban-legendy to...
Forum: Pregnancy May 18th 07, 04:44 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By Lara
Morning sickness

Anne Rogers wrote:

have you tried acupuncture? you seem to have an awful lot of "mild"
problems, I say mild because though I realise they are horrific for you,
Forum: Pregnancy December 23rd 06, 11:54 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Lara
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

Karen Humble wrote:

"Anne Rogers" wrote :
Karen, I was also wondering why you were sent for testing at this stage
in pregnancy?

They say
Forum: Breastfeeding December 18th 06, 02:24 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Lara
Can you save expressed milk if they don't finish the bottle?

wrote:

Hello,
My baby tends to eat between 80 ml and 130 ml. The problem is that
when she eats less there is milk left in the bottle. So far we've been
Forum: General December 17th 06, 11:18 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 22
Posted By Lara
how to parent?

toto wrote:

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:46:20 -0800, "Anne Rogers"
wrote:

we don't have one and I don't think we're going down that route, we live...
Forum: Breastfeeding December 16th 06, 09:45 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote:

Hello,
My baby tends to eat between 80 ml and 130 ml. The problem is that
when she eats less there is milk left in the bottle. So far we've been
Forum: Pregnancy December 9th 06, 01:52 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 2
Posted By Lara
Babies vacuumed to death (also: The skull has TWO periosteal layers.)

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

#### Cephalhemotoma is a collection of blood under the SCALP - that is
- outside the skull deep to the subgaleal aponeurosis (scalp) and
Forum: Pregnancy December 9th 06, 10:26 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 5
Posted By Lara
Cephalohematoma, is this something to worry about?

Jamie Clark wrote:

http://www.drhull.com/EncyMaster/C/cephalohematoma.html

Cephalohematoma
There is a very tough tissue covering that encapsulates bones, called...
Forum: Breastfeeding December 7th 06, 06:29 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Lara
Homeopathic remedy for infected toenail and Hale's question

Anne Rogers wrote:

[Bactrim, trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, prescribed for infected
toenail]

So that's an antibiotic? so why does the doctor not give you one that is
Forum: Breastfeeding December 6th 06, 04:37 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Lara
b/f while abandoned in the snow

Leann and Donald wrote:

Did anyone hear about that family in Oregon who was stranded in their car
for 7 or 9 days with no food, and mom kept her 4 year old and 7 months
Forum: Breastfeeding December 3rd 06, 01:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 7
Posted By Lara
I got a comment about NIP this weekend

wrote:

*I* on the other hand, couldn't help noticing a mom feeding her baby
what was clearly a bottle of EBM in public last night. I'm not sure how
I felt about it....
Forum: Breastfeeding November 29th 06, 07:40 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 1
Posted By Lara
Pumping and bleeding nipples?

concrtslt wrote:

My 11-month old son has bitten me and drawn blood while nursing a few days
ago. Now I have painful scabs on both breasts. Today at work it really
Forum: Breastfeeding November 10th 06, 09:49 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Lara
Breastfeeding an adopted toddler

mommyagain wrote:

We have just adopted a 24 month old from the foster care system, and I
would like to try breastfeeding at night even if I can not get my milk
Forum: Breastfeeding October 7th 06, 05:51 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 24
Posted By Lara
Pumping in public bathrooms?

Anne Rogers wrote:

[where to pump]
disabled loo, I don't know what provision is like in the US, but
anywhere I've been in the UK there has always been a disabled loo...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 30th 06, 04:06 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Lara
Didn't realise pumping would be such a Pain!

cjra wrote:

I'm in awe of EP'ers, I feared for a bit I might have to do that if DD
got too attached to the bottle at NICU (now we have the opposite
problem), and I just...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 29th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 23
Posted By Lara
Didn't realise pumping would be such a Pain!

Nikki wrote:

?? I wouldn't pump while chatting with a bunch of co-workers or other
strangers attending a workshop no matter how quiet the pump was ;-) I do
NIP but I'm not...
Forum: General September 16th 06, 12:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 141
Posted By Lara
Freecycle, was Donating baby stuff. Was: Used infant/child carseats - what the heck to do with them?

PattyMomVA wrote:

"Marie" wrote
That doesn't seem fair to me really.
I always responded to the first person
to email me and went down the line.

"Fair"?...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 10th 06, 06:00 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Lara
Cloth diapering - diapers don't fit with wraps?

cjra wrote:

I have Chinese pre-folds, newborn size, and a number of wraps - bummis,
kushies, all newborn size. The diapers seem *way* too big for the
wraps, and at the...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 8th 06, 08:50 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Lara
ratio of breastmilk and formula

Donna Metler wrote:

Check the tubes and the connections on the lactina! Even a small leak can
cause a lot of problems.

The white membranes and the piston gasket...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 4th 06, 12:20 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Lara
Another reason to add to the list

Anne Rogers wrote:

All of these sorts of studies, while thought-provoking, seem to assume
the newborn is a tabula rasa. Have any ever considered the possibility
Forum: Breastfeeding August 4th 06, 08:19 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Lara
Another reason to add to the list

CY wrote:

The researchers do not know why breastfed babies were less anxious. They
suggested breastfeeding could be an indicator of other parental factors or
the physical...
Forum: Pregnancy July 25th 06, 05:31 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 56
Posted By Lara
Huggies Disposable Diapers (X-POSTED)

dragonlady wrote:

I swore that I would never do those things as an adult if I didn't have
to, and I don't -- we can afford to keep a clothes dryer running, and we
Forum: General July 25th 06, 05:31 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 55

dragonlady wrote:

I swore that I would never do those things as an adult if I didn't have
to, and I don't -- we can afford to keep a clothes dryer running, and we
Forum: Pregnancy July 18th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 9
Posted By Lara
1920s Medical Treatment for Postpartum Hemorrhage

wrote:

Lara, this is extremely helpful and I appreciate it. I had no idea at
all what would have been done in those days or where to look. It is
fascinating to find...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26