Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mom0f4boys
Forum: General April 28th 08, 04:06 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.education
Replies: 10
Posted By mom0f4boys
Study Suggests Math Teachers Scrap Balls and Slices

This thread makes me a little sad, because my mathematical ability is
somewhere around the level of an 8th grader, and I don't think that
will ever change. I care about this issue on behalf of my...
Forum: Pregnancy April 28th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 192
Posted By mom0f4boys
Preparing sibling for birth process?

"A number of studies
both in the United States and cross-culturally have shown that women
regularly report being attracted to men who are socially respected,
financially well-off, ambitious,...
Forum: General April 28th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 187
Posted By mom0f4boys
Preparing sibling for birth process?

"A number of studies
both in the United States and cross-culturally have shown that women
regularly report being attracted to men who are socially respected,
financially well-off, ambitious,...
Forum: General April 28th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 2
Posted By mom0f4boys
The spam on this board is out of control!!!

I just spent a few minutes reporting some of the spammers on this
board... not sure if it will do any good. Is there anything else
besides reporting it that can be done?
Forum: General April 28th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"The dog on The Jetsons."

Hah!!!
Forum: General April 27th 08, 06:30 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

" most men like me have that "what now"
reaction when we are confronted with new crap that we are not used to
seeing or hearing from our wives. It's like you watched Oprah or read
Cosmo and are...
Forum: General April 26th 08, 07:34 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"I'm glad you acknowledged
how women are sometimes seen as Children."

I'm not sure that I did, although being compared to a child
isn't really so bad. Honest with emotional responses, yes.
Forum: General April 26th 08, 07:28 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

Maybe it's because he thinks you are leading a crusade or getting too
involved in matters he thinks are trivial in nature. Maybe when you
start implementing something new, he thinks "oh boy, here we...
Forum: General April 26th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

" Dear, apparently it wasn't important to him "

Sweety, that's the problem.
Forum: Pregnancy April 26th 08, 06:40 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 192
Posted By mom0f4boys
Preparing sibling for birth process?

" he hardly ever helps out with household chores,...

So what! He works long hours and he is expected to do household
chores?? If you loved your spouse, and he/she was the main bread
winner, then...
Forum: General April 26th 08, 06:40 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 187
Posted By mom0f4boys
Preparing sibling for birth process?

" he hardly ever helps out with household chores,...

So what! He works long hours and he is expected to do household
chores?? If you loved your spouse, and he/she was the main bread
winner, then...
Forum: General April 25th 08, 05:43 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By mom0f4boys
Toddler meltdown

Hi Kim,
Maybe dinnertime could be changed? My first thought was 'Kim
needs a crockpot!'! And not just for your son's sake.... if I imagine
doing your day: get ready, drop off, work, pick-up,...
Forum: General April 25th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 14
Posted By mom0f4boys
co-sleeping is "bad"

I never called what I did 'co-sleeping'. I didn't have big thoughts
about it. If my husband was awake to move the baby back to the crib,
or if I was awake enough to do it, then good. But mostly,...
Forum: General April 25th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 19
Posted By mom0f4boys
Are My Step Daughter's Bad Habits Normal? Please help!

"...I am looked at really horribly for saying anything or pointing
it out
to her when she does this."

You mentioned that you are viewed as being 'mean'. I doubt
that you are mean, but it...
Forum: General April 25th 08, 02:42 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"Does* Dad think it's a problem or not?" (the swearing)

If he is engaged with the kids at the moment it happens, he'll
say 'Hey, watch your mouth'. Otherwise, he seems to tune it out...
Forum: General April 23rd 08, 07:50 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

Responding to:
I think the problem is that,
when the two of them were faced with a joint problem....
"Especially one that she initiated..."

"She" didn't initiate the...
Forum: General April 23rd 08, 07:08 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

Wow, I have definitely gained both insight and validation from these
advice!).
Conclusions:
1.) I should have been more...
Forum: General April 21st 08, 01:53 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"I am sorry that I failed you"

Thanks, agsf, for helping to flesh out this problem. (the problem
being discussed in this post is NOT the kid swearing.... it's the
miscommunication between...
Forum: General April 21st 08, 12:37 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"HE could consider saying "OK, I hear you tell me that it's hard for
you do do,
honey, how about if, whenever one of the boys swear, *I* wash their
mouth out
with soap. If I'm at work when that...
Forum: General April 21st 08, 12:05 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"One last thing and just out of curiosity, was your husband in the
kitchen when your son used profanity and how did he respond?"

He was, and he was deeply involved with toast.

"You should...
Forum: General April 20th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"or maybe talk through about how people talk about ideas to sort
through for the best ones and inspire each other to come up with new
ones"
Oh, how nice it is when this actually happens! But...
Forum: General April 20th 08, 10:06 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

"then have him implement his idea"

Banty, this isn't about the swearing thing - I'm not looking
for help with that problem. It was just an example of the topic. But
hey, if I could go away...
Forum: General April 20th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 62
Posted By mom0f4boys
about "bitching"

'at odds about discipline' was a pretty good thread, and Vickie seems
to be on a better track, but there is this issue about BITCHING that I
find interesting. Lots of different opinions.
A dad...
Forum: General April 20th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By mom0f4boys
Lone female in a house of testosterone

"For example, your son was just called zit face or whatever. Women
would want the son to confront the kid who called their son zit face
and express how by calling him that name, he is offended...
Forum: General April 19th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 27
Posted By mom0f4boys
Television for Children

When our youngest was little, we let him watch 'Misery' with us,
one night. Agsf, what R movies has your little one watched?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39