Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michelle J. Haines
Forum: Pregnancy September 27th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
Painful sneezing/coughing?

Kat wrote:
Is this normal??
It seems that many times that I sneeze or cough, it really hurts. I find
it's in my lower belly, often on the right side (but not limited to that
side) It's...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Banty wrote:

The only time I was required to do something for the school was to supply snacks
for the Montessori school; all parents were required to do that. That's a
private school.

Oh,...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Sue wrote:
I have never gotten a letter from our teachers that we had to volunteer for
anything or that we have to buy extra for others. It is stated that they
could use these things in the...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 05:18 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Banty wrote:

And how does she think they're copping attitudes "BECAUSE" they're
ex-homeschoolers, if she hadn't been making it clear to all and sundry that
they're ex-homeschoolers. Kids...
Forum: General September 7th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:

I didn't learn this until my ds was married and had children of his
own. I knew there must be some reason that he was running away, but I
could never get him to tell me,...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:

I would just say no that I wasn't going to do it, and probably also
say that the kids should be in school to learn and not attend parties.
And then I would not do it. If it...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:

I don't think the school expects the parents to buy extra. I think it
is more of a hope that someone will come through.

I think you should meet the teachers at this...
Forum: General September 6th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:

It is fair in that those people who pay taxes don't want to pay them,
and try to get by as cheaply as they can. So they don't fund the
schools. If their taxes really...
Forum: General September 5th 08, 04:58 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Rosalie B. wrote:

And in some cases it was lack of organization (In middle school I lost
8 Esterbrook pens in one year and I found out not too long ago that my
sister had similar...
Forum: General September 4th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 146
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
school supplies!

Welches wrote:

Try the (state) juniors #1's going into. They need for the start of year 3:
(all named of course)
pencil
pencil crayons
felt tips
ruler
glue stick
homework folder
Forum: General July 13th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
Driving in the car with Grandma

Rosalie B. wrote:

So it isn't inevitable that an older person can't drive and I don't
think it is fair to say that because someone gets confused in an
unfamiliar place that they therefore...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
Driving in the car with Grandma

Nan wrote:

Any chance other family members live closer and can do something about
it? Imo, you have a responsibility to try something to get your
grandma off the road since you know...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 07:29 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
Cultural differences..

NL wrote:

Anyway: is it so different in the states? Is there really so much
"outback" where you get stranded without a car because you can simply
not get groceries without a car because...
Forum: General May 19th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
RSVP (and pinatas)

Tai wrote:

Oh, I see, you haven't any interest in meeting them? Is that typical of you
all or do some like to form connections with the other parents?

Wow, that's...judgmental. :p

First, I...
Forum: General May 19th 08, 03:21 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
RSVP (and pinatas)

toypup wrote:

Do you think the existence of the list contribute to the lack of
communication amongst the parents? Is the list for your son's class
used in lieu of other methods of...
Forum: General May 18th 08, 06:53 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 194
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
RSVP (and pinatas)

toypup wrote:

I do think it facilitates community and communication overall. I think
its existence makes people feel like a community. It doesn't shut any
single person out who wants to...
Forum: Pregnancy May 15th 08, 07:30 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 18
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
Can anybody point me to any of these famous misc.kids.etc & alt.mothersnewsgroup "charters" ?

Suzanne wrote:

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of...
Forum: General May 15th 08, 07:30 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 19

Suzanne wrote:

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 15th 08, 07:30 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers

Suzanne wrote:

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of...
Forum: Pregnancy April 9th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
my heart

Jeni wrote:

You're quite right and in a way I'm glad they did take me seriously. I
had no idea you can get chest pain from a viral infection. To me it
felt like a panic attack except that it...
Forum: Pregnancy April 8th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
my heart

Jeni wrote:

It was exactly the words 'chest pains' that the woman on the phone
insisted she had to call the ambulance for. I tried to convince her
otherwise, but those were the trigger words...
Forum: Pregnancy April 5th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
my heart

Yael wrote:
Hi,
Not sure if 'The Life of Mummy Bowman' was yours, Lulu, but anxiety
attacks can happen when you quit smoking -- have seen it happen to a
friend or two. Hang in there, it will...
Forum: Pregnancy April 5th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
my heart

lu-lu wrote:
hi

You'll need to excuse typos, i don't feel good.

My heart keeps going like I've run a long way. It's beating hard and fast
and my chest feels tight. Makes me feel dizzy...
Forum: Pregnancy March 30th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 192
Posted By Michelle J. Haines
Preparing sibling for birth process?

wrote:

I'm pretty sure your grandfather wasn't in the delivery room when your
parent was born and I am sure he had a great and healthy marriage.

That an interesting set of...
Forum: General March 30th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 187