Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rose Garten
Forum: General February 27th 08, 02:09 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By Rose Garten
Ow Ow Ow

Stephanie wrote:
Rose Garten wrote:

When we were coming home today I was trying to get DD9 out of the car
to help me carry stuff. It was windy and snowy and she was
grumbling. DH came...
Forum: General February 26th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By Rose Garten
Ow Ow Ow

When we were coming home today I was trying to get DD9 out of the car to
help me carry stuff. It was windy and snowy and she was grumbling. DH
came around the car to help. We hear DD cry out and...
Forum: General February 19th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 2
Posted By Rose Garten
anything help with cough now that cough medicine is not recommended?

Joe wrote:
I've been running a humidifier for my 3 year old but I'm wondering if
there is any other options that can help him sleep at night.

A warm shower or just sitting in the bathroom with...
Forum: General January 22nd 08, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Replies: 2
Posted By Rose Garten
Living at typhoid house (at least it feels like it)

We have been battling bronchitis off and on for about 3 months now. We
would just get everyone healthy and a couple of week later it would hit
again. Well we had a bunch of friends over this...
Forum: General December 6th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 2
Posted By Rose Garten
Prayers needed (xposted)

Today at a local mall a 19 year old man opened fire. They are reporting
9 dead and at least 5 more injured. The shooter is dead but reports are
conflicted whether or not he is included in that 9....
Forum: General October 26th 07, 08:17 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Rose Garten
room heater

wrote:
For some weird reason my kids' room is much colder than the rest of
the house. We are thinking of buying a room heater. Anything specific
to look for or are all models...
Forum: General September 15th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 58
Posted By Rose Garten
30 Day gourmet was: quick meal ideas

You might look into this site for some recipe ideas to make ahead.

http://www.30daygourmet.com/

the site itself if free and has a lot of recipes on it. If you purchase
the cookbook then you get...
Forum: General September 11th 07, 01:37 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 58
Posted By Rose Garten
quick meal ideas

Anne Rogers wrote:
looks like we're going to have 2 nights where we won't be getting in the
house until after 6, I'm planning to give a late snack and have dinner
when we get home, rather...
Forum: General September 10th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 142
Posted By Rose Garten
Cell phone for a second grader

Banty wrote:
In article , Beth Kevles
says...

Hi --

I'd consider getting one of the pre-paid ones so that you don't open
yourself...
Forum: General July 4th 07, 06:50 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Rose Garten
nail biting

lizardlove wrote:
i have a bad habit of biting my nails and i need some suggestions on
how not to bit my nails or is there stuff to put on them so i don't
bit them any more.

I bit my nail...
Forum: General April 11th 07, 01:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Rose Garten
Flying with a toddler

Donna Metler wrote:
Security restrictions have changed since I last flew with DD2. Can I still
pack some activities for her to take on the plane? Also, would it be OK to
take one of her straw...
Forum: General February 2nd 07, 12:50 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 19
Posted By Rose Garten
RSV - how is it different from any other virus?

Rosalie B. wrote:
Dd#3 has a baby who is just a year old now, and she writes me that her
youngest child has RSV. I looked it up on the CDC website, but I
don't see how this is that different...
Forum: General January 8th 07, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Rose Garten
Scary wake up. X-posted

I work nights at the post office so I sleep during the day. Yesterday
afternoon I woke up to a friend of ours talking to DH in the hall. This
is strange because our bedrooms are on the second...
Forum: General December 18th 06, 03:12 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Rose Garten
gift ideas

wrote:
I have to get a gift for my friends daughter. I have no clue what her
daughter is in too. We only talk about her son because we have both
the same age. She is 10...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 07:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By Rose Garten
kid nosebleed

ET wrote:
Dear all,

Our youngest daughter (2 1/2 year old) has a nosebleed problem, it can be
during the night when she sleeps or throught the day. It is not very often
but I remember it...
Forum: General November 15th 06, 02:33 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 20
Posted By Rose Garten
what are we paying for the first tooth these days?

dkhedmo wrote:
Despite the fact that we don't "do" Santa and the tooth fairy, ds1,
having lost his first tooth at school today, is expecting "a present
from the Tooth Mommy" and is, as I...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 19th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 137
Posted By Rose Garten
Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+) stepson's

wrote:
I am about 3 months pregnant and I have 4 stepson's (one away at
college) ages: 13, 13, 16 and 18. The boys reside with my husband and
I on a full-time basis. ...
Forum: Pregnancy September 19th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids

wrote:
I am about 3 months pregnant and I have 4 stepson's (one away at
college) ages: 13, 13, 16 and 18. The boys reside with my husband and
I on a full-time basis. ...
Forum: General September 19th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Replies: 138

wrote:
I am about 3 months pregnant and I have 4 stepson's (one away at
college) ages: 13, 13, 16 and 18. The boys reside with my husband and
I on a full-time basis. ...
Forum: General September 18th 06, 11:08 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 53
Posted By Rose Garten
Non-junk food and candy Halloween ideas?

-L. wrote:
I really don't want to hand out sugar-laden snacks. What do others do?
last year I bought some mini Play-Dohs but I am afraid some parents
might have a tizzy...
TIA for any...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 03:50 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 54
Posted By Rose Garten
Rude or am I expecting too much?

Engram wrote:
It was niece's birthday last week. I was at her grandma's (my mum) house
when my niece was picked up from school. She responded to my greeting of
"hello" then proceeded to go...
Forum: General August 19th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Replies: 0
Posted By Rose Garten
POOF! was:No posts

Well after five days of not knowing why I wasn't getting posts, several
days of bugging DH and a few more days of trying servers, I am back!
Computers just boggle my mind. I don't understand how...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Replies: 2
Posted By Rose Garten
No posts

Ok now I know that things can be quiet at times in these groups this is
a little too quiet. I don't have any posts after August 10. So I am
posting in the hope that it with shake something loose....
Forum: Kids Health August 10th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.health
Replies: 9
Posted By Rose Garten
Toddler Glasses...

taylormom wrote:
I have been trying my best to get my son to wear glasses for about 3
months now (he is currently 15 months). He was born with infantile
esotopia (crossed eyes) and has had one...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.health
Replies: 9
Posted By Rose Garten
Toddler Glasses...