Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen Humble
Forum: Pregnancy March 24th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Karen Humble
pubic area numbness

Usually it's if I've sat for some time but at present it's constant.
If I lie down on my side or back, sit or stand, nothing seems to settle it.

"Jamie Clark" wrote in...
Forum: Pregnancy March 24th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Karen Humble
pubic area numbness

Anyone know what causes it and any way to ease it? It can be very uncomfortable and sometimes painful.

I've had this for the last 2 months of my PG and have 12 weeks to go !!

I had it during my...
Forum: Pregnancy March 21st 07, 09:43 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen Humble
ten machines

Cheers Debbie, sounds good to me.
Will give it a go, costs me nothing to try right !!

"Welches" wrote in message...
Forum: Pregnancy March 21st 07, 09:42 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen Humble
ten machines

I'm 28 weeks.
Thanks for the warning. may get daughter to test it, she gets bad period pains !!

"lucy-lu" wrote in message ...

I...
Forum: Pregnancy March 21st 07, 07:22 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen Humble
ten machines

Thanks Anne, Will pre-test it see how it goes.
MW says it if very effective in early labour but later stages not so good, hence I wanted more advice from people who may have used them.

"Anne...
Forum: Pregnancy March 21st 07, 07:21 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen Humble
ten machines

I always forget we are a worldwide group and some rules apply in the UK that may differ in the US.

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message ...
Forum: Pregnancy March 21st 07, 06:56 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen Humble
ten machines

Yes a tens machine for pain relief during labour.

I won it in an online competition.

And you can buy them for £69.99
http://www.tens.co.uk/acatalog/Obstetric_TeNS_Hire.html

"Retired Chief"...
Forum: Pregnancy March 21st 07, 06:42 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 19
Posted By Karen Humble
ten machines

Anyone ever used one? How effective are they?

Reason I'm asking is I've won one in a competition but have never used one before. Anyone any experience good or bad of them?

TIA

--
Karen
DS 25th...

Thought it has been a while since I posted so thought I'd pop in and say hi

I've had my 1st anti-d today at the midwifes office, BP fine, no protein or sugar in my urine, baby's heart beat fine and...
Forum: Pregnancy January 31st 07, 11:32 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 0
Posted By Karen Humble
21 weeks scan

I had my 21 weeks scan today, everything ok, little concern over the placenta's position but she said it should rise as the PG progresses and another scan booked for 34 weeks.

Measurements show I'm...
Forum: Pregnancy January 23rd 07, 01:24 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 1
Posted By Karen Humble
Bl**dy hosptials !

2nd anti natal appointment today and all was going well till I met the OB.

BP - 135/80
URINE - Little glucose (to be expected)
INSULIN - increased dosage to bring levels down a bit
WEIGHT - not too...
Forum: Pregnancy December 22nd 06, 09:32 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message ...
it is wierd, has your doctor given any suggestions about it? are you sure
you were fine on the...
Forum: Pregnancy December 22nd 06, 09:29 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

They say it's routine because of a previous PG with GD

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message ...
Karen, I was also wondering why you were...
Forum: Pregnancy December 21st 06, 09:26 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message ...

I don't have the references to hand, but I understand exercise is very
important in both GD and...
Forum: Pregnancy December 21st 06, 09:06 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

I'll take a look..

Exercise has to fit around a long day running round after kids from 7am - 7pm...........so very little ''proper'' exercise is being done right now.

I tested fine for diabetes...
Forum: Pregnancy December 21st 06, 09:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

I've tried looking, but can anyone point me in the direction of some reading material about treating GD at such an early stage in pregnancy. Most items I've read refer to 24-28 weeks.

"Ericka...
Forum: Pregnancy December 21st 06, 05:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

Ok I've been to the hosptial today and been put on insulin, twice a day to start. 4 units with breakfast and 4 at bedtime. Not a lot but the numbers says that's when it is needed.

I asked why the...
Forum: Pregnancy December 21st 06, 04:28 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 0
Posted By Karen Humble
Elfanie is pregnant again...

"Elfanie" wrote in message ...
To remind people about me..

I currently have 4 children...2 born in may and 2 born in...
Forum: Pregnancy December 20th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message ...
It's entirely possible she thinks you are at a different stage of your
pregnancy, or she thinks...
Forum: Pregnancy December 20th 06, 10:12 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

"Nina Pretty Ballerina" wrote in message ...
what are your blood sugar numbers like?

SATURDAY 16/12
before breakfast...
Forum: Pregnancy December 19th 06, 06:53 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Karen Humble
Update on my GTT/Antinatal care.........

I received a phone call today from the hospital saying that due to be NOT being able to attend the joint diabetes/anti natal clinics on a Tuesday, they suggest I switch hospitals for the remainder of...
Forum: Pregnancy December 18th 06, 09:30 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen Humble
14+ WEEK APPOINTMENT UPDATE / GTT RESULTS

I'm sticking to my guns this time. Prior to Emily I'd had 2 babies larger than her and was never induced due to ''size'' and she turned out to be one of my smallest babies. 9lb 4oz but still small...
Forum: Pregnancy December 18th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 4
Posted By Karen Humble
diastasis

Thanks Pip, at least I know it will heal after. With a hernia causing a lump in my stomach anyway, it's weird having this as well...........but I know this will subside.

"Me Myself and I"...
Forum: Pregnancy December 18th 06, 07:15 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 4
Posted By Karen Humble
diastasis

She said the condition will get worse as the pregnancy progresses and it correct itself after birth. Nothing more really. She made it sound quiet ''normal'' and to be honest, I was worried with the...
Forum: Pregnancy December 18th 06, 06:53 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen Humble
14+ WEEK APPOINTMENT UPDATE / GTT RESULTS

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message ...
Scan - my dates show I am 14 weeks and 4 days (LMP) but scan says 15 weeks
4 days. So unless I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39