Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Workingmom
Forum: Breastfeeding December 18th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By Workingmom
What's happened to this group?

CY skrev:
I'm so sad - this used to be such an active group and now it's all spam spam
spam :( I've been here for almost 6 years and now I think I am leaving,
because everyone is gone!

Forum: Breastfeeding October 26th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 4
Posted By Workingmom
I'm all done

Nikki skrev:
I don't
think I'll have any more babies bur I'll probably keep reading. Thank you
for all the support over the years!!

I did - my youngest is 10 - LOL

Ditmar, Denmark
Forum: Breastfeeding October 2nd 07, 06:24 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 7
Posted By Workingmom
Family attacks?

deja.blues skrev:
"Workingmom" wrote in message
If you really want to take up the discussion then ask them why cow's milk...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 24th 07, 02:26 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 7
Posted By Workingmom
Family attacks?

xkatx skrev:
I'm tired of feeling attacked, I guess, and that's about it.

What about not discussing it? "You raised your children like you felt
best - I raise mine as I feel best. You've had...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 15th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By Workingmom
Anyone got a Hales?

Anne Rogers skrev:
Sue wrote:
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
PS I'm starting to wonder if pharmacy might actually be a good career
for me, shame I didn't realise 10...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 20th 07, 08:19 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Workingmom
Clingy 1 year old

Anne Rogers skrev:
Right now I'm trying to work out whether the school districts gifted and
talented program being hosted at our local school is a good thing or
not. Right now I'm inclined...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 19th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Workingmom
Clingy 1 year old

NL skrev:
Dave {Reply Address in.Sig} schrieb:

Kit hadn't bothered to start talking at age 2, although his comprehension
was just fine - we could give him a detailed list of instruction...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 12th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Workingmom
at my wits end

determined skrev:
Emily is about 19 months now, and everything has been going great. 3 days
ago though she came down with a fever and hasn't eaten since. She keeps
telling me she's hungry,...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 11th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 8
Posted By Workingmom
Good-bye and Thank you for all the fish...

Xdatinelia skrev:
Just a good-bye here.. I lost my son at 5 weeks and one day to sids.
Larry, who'se last name I can not remember atm, you were most helpful
this round of breastfeeding and...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 17th 07, 01:04 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Workingmom
Sevredol / morphine sulphate

Mum of Two skrev:
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Thanks everyone! I've gone ahead and nursed her with no apparent...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 17th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Workingmom
Weird advice from French doc regarding mastitis

NL skrev:
Hey, I just looked it up and there's a translation of my personal
favourite breastfeeding book:
Here's the link to the english version:
Forum: Breastfeeding June 16th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Workingmom
Weird advice from French doc regarding mastitis

Sarah Vaughan skrev:

Vice versa.

I take it you have passed correct advice on urgently to your friend's wife?

I passed the advice to my friend and he in turn passed it to his wife.

Nice...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 16th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Workingmom
Weird advice from French doc regarding mastitis

A Danish friend of mine living in France has a wife who currently has a
mild mastitis.

She's been told to stop nursing for a WEEK (the child is less than two
months old) and use...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 16th 07, 11:44 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Workingmom
Sevredol / morphine sulphate

Mum of Two skrev:
Hi all! I broke my hand yesterday and took a one-off dose of morphine for
pain as I'm allergic to codeine. Also ibuprofen, which doesn't concern me as
Hales considers it L1....
Forum: Breastfeeding June 6th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Workingmom
More ?s: Reflux/Spitting Up/Gurgling, Dairy & Vitamin D

Snugglemonster skrev:
Thanks for the input so far!

I meant to say CALCIUM not Vitamin D! *duh*.

Does anyone do anything special to make sure their littles ones get
the CALCIUM they...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 4th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 24
Posted By Workingmom
Catharina Svanborg

Bryan Heit skrev:
everytime a pediatrician tells a breastfeeding mom to give the baby
formula because the baby isn't gaining enough, that's promoting
formula feeding.

And I ask...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 1st 07, 10:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By Workingmom
Visit to the ped's office

Larry Mcmahan skrev:
I am not sure I am understanding you regarding peanut butter. I thought
that is is not only a problem with food allergies, but it is a source of
alphatoxins, and shouldn't...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 21st 07, 10:37 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By Workingmom
how strict should i be on brestfeed schedule?

Larry Mcmahan skrev:
4. Stick around this newsgroup. There are a lot of breastfeeding moms
who can give both support and advice for all sorts of situations.

Good luck,
Larry

And at...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 21st 07, 10:23 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 19
Posted By Workingmom
how often do you clean your sterilizer?

skrev:
not all people were created equal and some have to use brest shields.
these are what i sterlize

I think I just washed them with water and dishwashing soap.

After...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 21st 07, 10:19 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By Workingmom
how strict should i be on brestfeed schedule?

skrev:
i searched a bit in this newsgroup and found :
"A newborn needs to feed a minimum of 8 times
per day, with 10-12 feedings being the norm and 15 being not unheard "
Forum: Breastfeeding May 20th 07, 01:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By Workingmom
She eats (and a question)!

NL skrev:
So, I'd say keep doing what you're doing, fend her off as best as you
can. You're the mom, if she wants to decide what to feed a baby she can
go and have another one herself...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 18th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Workingmom
Infant Asthma

Sue skrev:
"nitu" wrote in message
Lastly, do I really need to give the asthma medication for such a long
time? Are there any side effects to the medication as well...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 15th 07, 08:41 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By Workingmom
steroids safe to treat asthma in children?

nitu skrev:
Hi

My 11mth old DD was also given a steroid inhaler. She was coughing
for about 2 weeks when she naps and at bedtime, she would cough so
hard that she ended up vomiting milk. ...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 14th 07, 06:58 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 33
Posted By Workingmom
vegans sentenced for baby death

emilymr skrev:
One of Those Paranoid Parents. So I brought him in, and basically was
One of Those Paranoid Parents (the on-call ped asked if this was our
first child...). :P

I'd much much...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 14th 07, 06:56 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 33
Posted By Workingmom
vegans sentenced for baby death

xkatx skrev:
Here, it's 5lbs because infant car seats are not made for a baby under that
weight.

LOL

That really made me laugh. If that would be an issue here for me I'd
really be ****ed!! I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68