Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 1.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dkhedmo
Forum: General June 30th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
Posted By dkhedmo
gifted acceleration

Thank you for sharing this information. My ds1 is also entering 2nd
grade, and even though we spoke to the teacher a number of times this
past year, I (and my son) never quite felt satisfied that...
Forum: General June 25th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By dkhedmo
Daily Routine

I have two boys ages 3 and 7. My older one's behavior backslides
dramatically when he is away from the routine of the school day for
extended periods, and although I prefer a more unstructured day,...
Forum: General June 19th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By dkhedmo
Jogging strollers?

Are you actually a runner? If you google cavalier chariot, you come up
with a few sites with specs and consumer reviews, you'll have to read
those to see if the things other people found to be a a...
Forum: General June 18th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By dkhedmo
Will / Can my toddler's red hair change color?

I have very dark brown hair (thick and wavy), my husband's is kind of a
dark blonde/light brown (thin and wispy). Our first son had virtually no
hair until around 21 months or so, and when it...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 5th 07, 01:58 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By dkhedmo
mittens,nature & trimming of baby nails

wrote:
we keep our newborns hands gloved to keep her from scratching her
face. the nails seem to small for us to clip.

i am wondering how did ancient man & women deal...
Forum: General May 30th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 13
Posted By dkhedmo
OT clothes sizes and shopping

deja.blues wrote:

Lands End is owned by Sears, so if you have a Sears nearby you can go there
and actually try them on.

Sears only carries a few items in the stores, hardly...
Forum: General May 29th 07, 03:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 61
Posted By dkhedmo
help - need b'day ideas

Anne Rogers wrote:
help, I'm feeling brain dead, I need to get my act together and buy birthday
presents, DS is 4 on Monday and has had money sent for me to buy presents
from various...
Forum: General May 29th 07, 02:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 13
Posted By dkhedmo
OT clothes sizes and shopping

Lands' End carries lots in a petite cut for pants and tops. Here are the
sizing charts for Lands' End....
Forum: Breastfeeding May 14th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By dkhedmo
Ant problem

Erin wrote:
Thank you all for your suggestions. I have been getting really good
about making sure her high chair and underneath are spotless after
each meal. It is a PITA because she also...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 11th 07, 08:15 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By dkhedmo
Ant problem

Erin wrote:
Hello. I've been reading and occasionally posting to this board since
DD was born and feel like I know you better than just posting this to
a random child care discussion. So,...
Forum: Breastfeeding May 11th 07, 01:00 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 33
Posted By dkhedmo
vegans sentenced for baby death

Anne Rogers wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18574603/

seems to me the fact they are vegan is irrelevant, the article seems to
imply they were using this as defence, but doesn't mention...
Forum: General March 30th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 30
Posted By dkhedmo
After school activities - am I over doing it?

Rosalie B. wrote:
Rosalie B. wrote:

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

AM wrote:
My first grader is doing ballet (45 mins/wk), tap (45...
Forum: General March 21st 07, 12:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 57
Posted By dkhedmo
choosing a car

Anne -

Over here we have a monthly magazine called "Consumer Reports," which
publishes a special edition just on cars once a year. I can't remember
now if they do one on new cars and one on used?...
Forum: General March 15th 07, 07:45 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By dkhedmo
working

Anne Rogers wrote:
We had a major tantrum out of DS (3.75) this morning, over wanting to help
daddy at work, when we probed further as to why this was so important, he
said he wanted to help...
Forum: General March 10th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By dkhedmo
dyslexia testing

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
" wrote:

At what age do they recommend testing for dyslexia if...
Forum: General February 28th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By dkhedmo
pool tips?

We bought our first house this fall, which happens to have a pool
(above-ground) in the back yard. It was open and running when we viewed
the house; the sellers closed the pool at the end of the...
Forum: General February 15th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By dkhedmo
Toddler pronunciation of letter "s"

Zipadee wrote:
On Feb 15, 10:53 am, Lady Mum wrote:
Hello. Our son is 30 months old and he has trouble pronouncing the letter
"s" and all two letter combinations...
Forum: General February 9th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By dkhedmo
dairy and ear infections

However, I talked to my mum today and apparently even when we were kids
reducing milk was suggested as helpful for ear and nose problems, apparently
it's something that is suggested during...
Forum: General February 9th 07, 02:43 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By dkhedmo
Survey

Answers to #19 do not correspond correctly to the wording of the question.

Karen

wrote:
Hi,

I am a senior at Kennesaw State University in Georgia. I am
Forum: General January 30th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 30
Posted By dkhedmo
Hikers, Backpackers, campers - what baby carrier?

Rosalie B. wrote:
Rosalie B. wrote:

Wed. .. we head into Wales to St Fagan's Family life park...
.
My sister, dh and I took turns carrying dd who's plan was...
Forum: General January 28th 07, 08:45 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 30
Posted By dkhedmo
Hikers, Backpackers, campers - what baby carrier?

cjra wrote:
Friends gave us a gift cert. to REI to buy a backpack carrier - the
kind with the frame, and we were all set to get it then had second
thoughts....
Forum: General January 25th 07, 01:22 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
Posted By dkhedmo
backpack carriers on vacation in London ?

How about this - use whatever carrier you usually use for the infant,
and for the toddler, get a soft carrier (easy to stuff in a regular
backpack) like an Ergo that you can wear front or back and...
Forum: Breastfeeding January 17th 07, 09:03 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By dkhedmo
HBO's Rome: ancient funeral rituals?

Anyone watch Rome, or have any info to share about ancient Roman
funereal rites? While the multiple-stab-wounded Caesar was laid out to
received mourners at his home, his wife welcomed in a woman...
Forum: General January 17th 07, 03:08 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By dkhedmo
Helping child deal with bully

bchamberlin wrote:
My son is 6 and in first grade. He's a bright energetic kid, outgoing
and very friendly. He's doing well in school, but he can be a little
overly sensitive. He's having a...
Forum: General January 17th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By dkhedmo
"Why Johnny Won't Read" - your opinions?

Cathy Weeks wrote:
Anne Rogers wrote:
I'll have to watch out, he may develop preferences and if he came home with
LHOTP and didn't want to read it, I wouldn't make him, to me, it's not
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54