Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.78 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrea Phillips
Forum: Pregnancy September 17th 06, 03:04 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 7
Posted By Andrea Phillips
OT Joanna

april & joanna wrote:
Hi Peeps

I have a question that I
would like to put towards other parents to help me out a little bit, we have
been asked to come up with some stressful situations as...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 2nd 06, 01:54 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 29
Posted By Andrea Phillips
This just made me madder than...

I know I'm chiming in late, here, but the really funny thing about this
is that under Jewish law and tradition, sex is the wife's right, not
the husband's... and I quote:

"Sex is the woman's right,...
Forum: Pregnancy August 28th 06, 06:28 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Why the Crazy Kicking?!

Lori wrote:

I haven't been hungry, and have lost 10 pounds, and I can't let myself
sleep, because I can't breathe if I'm not perfectly upright, and on top of
that, I've got gestational...
Forum: Pregnancy August 17th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 15
Posted By Andrea Phillips
When to tell potential employer about pregnancy?

Anna.Nicole.m wrote:

family oriented. If you like the job and they like you, you do get 12
weeks to take off for FMLA.

This is not accurate. You're only covered under FMLA if you've worked
for...
Forum: Pregnancy August 15th 06, 09:15 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Sleep - swaddling, side sleeping

cjra wrote:
DD is 6 weeks now, and though she does sleep at night in 3 hr
stretches, her sleep is very agitated, much more so than in the
daytime. She twitches and kicks. I've tried swaddling...
Forum: Breastfeeding August 12th 06, 02:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 24
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Normal or not? Acne+rash, fussiness, screaming, sleeplessness, etc

cjra wrote:
I've looked on kellymom.com which has been useful, but everything is
either normal or a sign of a problem.

(symptoms snipped)

Thoughts? Advice? Is any of this related - ie
Forum: Pregnancy August 11th 06, 03:24 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Woohoo, baby dropped!

Thank goodness! I was in the bath lying on my stomach and trying to
practice relaxation techniques for the big day, and felt some wiggling
going on (though nothing unusual for this one.) Then when I...
Forum: Pregnancy August 5th 06, 12:17 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Why the Crazy Kicking?!

OK, so this kid has been a pretty active tenant the whole time, but
over the last month, things settled down a bit, and I had thought maybe
quarters in there were finally getting a little too cramped...
Forum: Pregnancy August 4th 06, 11:58 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrea Phillips
looking "Normal"

Anna.Nicole.m wrote:
YAY, there is someone else out there like me. I can't wait to meet my
baby and play with them and hold them and all that, but this pregnancy
thing pffft for the...
Forum: Pregnancy August 4th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 9
Posted By Andrea Phillips
introduction

danni wrote:
Hi im Danni!

I'm due in November, and I've just been put on bedrest for 8 weeks. Any tips
to keep me occupied for the next few weeks?

A friend has set up this group for me as...
Forum: Pregnancy August 3rd 06, 05:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrea Phillips
looking "Normal"

Anna.Nicole.m wrote:
Ok so the more pregnant I get, the more I think I resemble a cow
walking upright (substitute, pregnancy belly for utters)

I can't wait until I get back to looking...
Forum: Pregnancy July 29th 06, 01:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 38
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Gestational diabetes, oligohydramnios, IUGR

Pologirl wrote:

This week's US again showed what appears to be a new, dedicated artery,
but the mass shows no significant growth since 2 weeks ago. Baby's

That's something of a relief, then....
Forum: Breastfeeding July 28th 06, 01:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrea Phillips
CNN Article of July 27

Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/27/nursing.cover.ap/index.html

The stance of this article kind of annoys me, because it structures the
discussion as being between "Well, I try not to...
Forum: Pregnancy July 26th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrea Phillips
I'm baaaaaaaaaaack

New York Jen wrote:
"Andrea Phillips" wrote in message

Are you still out on Long Island? Where are you planning on delivering
and all that?

She's SOOOOOO...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 26th 06, 02:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Green poop?

Mum of Two wrote:
"cjra" wrote in message
Is this normal?

DD started off with yellow grainy poops...
Forum: Pregnancy July 24th 06, 02:19 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrea Phillips
I'm baaaaaaaaaaack

New York Jen wrote:

How funny! I remember you, and I've been kind of missing having a local
girl around. ;) I'm expecting my second at the very end of September.
:)

Congrats, and...
Forum: Pregnancy July 24th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Turning a Breech Baby

Anne Rogers wrote:

basically if you are flexible and the chiro pushes things too far they can
cause injury, I'm not really an expert, I found chiro really helpful in
pregnancy, despite being...
Forum: Pregnancy July 24th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Switching Doctors & LIJ Hospital

Anne Rogers wrote:

go to the hospital! There are cases when hospital delivery is necessary and
this sounds like one of them!

I'm always going to be pro homebirth, never had one and never...
Forum: Pregnancy July 24th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrea Phillips
I'm baaaaaaaaaaack

New York Jen wrote:
Not sure how many of you will remember me. I have 2 kids, Laszlo is 4 and
Lily is 2. I am expecting number 3 in January. I tried for years to get
pregnant with my first,...
Forum: Pregnancy July 22nd 06, 11:24 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 15
Posted By Andrea Phillips
developmental question

Anne Rogers wrote:
ok, so, Ada is 13+ months, so not late in walking, slightly below average I
understand, but well within normal range, thing is though, she was on target
with other things and...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 22nd 06, 02:13 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 19
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Breastfeeding challenges

cjra wrote:
Let me see my chart...
Since 4:30 pm yesterday (it's now 7:09 pm, so almost 27 hours), she's
had 10 stool diapers (and pretty messy ones at that) and 4 wet diapers.

Bear in mind...
Forum: Pregnancy July 22nd 06, 12:17 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Switching Doctors & LIJ Hospital

carl jones wrote:
Long Island Jewish...is a good teaching hospital.Theytendto have a high
cesarean rate and push obstetrial interventions.

Oh my goodness! I happened to find a web page of...
Forum: Pregnancy July 21st 06, 10:04 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Turning a Breech Baby

Anne Rogers wrote:
"Andrea Phillips" wrote in message
OK, I know at 30 weeks the situation isn't terrible just yet, but I'd
like to find ways to encourage the baby to...
Forum: Pregnancy July 21st 06, 09:51 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Turning a Breech Baby

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
You can check out:

http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/breech.html

Thanks, Ericka. I think I'm at the point where trying things that are
anecdotal and kind of goofy...
Forum: Pregnancy July 21st 06, 08:50 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrea Phillips
Turning a Breech Baby

OK, I know at 30 weeks the situation isn't terrible just yet, but I'd
like to find ways to encourage the baby to turn sooner rather than
later. She's been butt-down for both of the sonos I've had...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47