Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PK
Forum: Breastfeeding July 20th 07, 02:13 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 17
Posted By PK
speech delay (was Clingy 1 year old)

On Jul 18, 9:00 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
You should be able to contact your local
Early Start office. They provide therapy
for the under-3 crowd. (I'm not sure if
Forum: Breastfeeding July 16th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 4
Posted By PK
still not eating

On Jul 15, 9:07 pm, "determined" wrote:
We are now on day 8 of Emily not eating. Her fever comes and goes, but the
symptoms don't seem to get any better. She cries...
Forum: Breastfeeding February 21st 07, 09:37 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 25
Posted By PK
Mini pill question

On Feb 21, 9:57 am, "xkatx" wrote:
I don't know about tricking your body into thinking you are pg, but a
lot of it is just your body getting back to normal after birhing. I'm
bf-ing E...
Forum: Pregnancy January 30th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 6
Posted By PK
OT - The nanny is out (major vent, long)

On Jan 30, 10:02 am, "Zaz" wrote:
Delurking, I really need to let some steam out.
snip

Two words - Good Riddance :-)

Some things are off limits (her reference to...
Forum: Pregnancy January 3rd 07, 03:05 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 17
Posted By PK
USA tax deductible medical expenses?

Jamie Clark wrote:
4 years.

I think the general idea was that with major medical issues for both mom and
baby, this goes well beyond the "usual circumstances and deductions" and
would be...
Forum: Pregnancy January 2nd 07, 09:50 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 17
Posted By PK
USA tax deductible medical expenses?

Pologirl wrote:
Happy New Year!

Well, a "high risk" pregnancy followed by major abdominal surgery and
some days in the NICU was expensive. We'll be itemizing tax deductions
this year. ...
Forum: Breastfeeding December 14th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 7
Posted By PK
delurking - frustrated

Oh, Thank You, Thank You for not making me feel like a basket case or
any of you being judgemental.

I'll just write one reply to everyone in the interest of time.

We do cosleep. Otherwise I'd have...
Forum: Breastfeeding December 13th 06, 08:02 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 7
Posted By PK
delurking - frustrated

I'm delurking to vent.

E is 13 months old. She seems to have gone back to her newborn days
with respect to night nursings. I can't sleep with her hanging on to
the boob, and as a result I'm...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 25th 06, 02:28 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 19
Posted By PK
Now I'm getting nervous -daycare starts on Monday

cjra wrote:
snip

I've tried every nipple out there. The nuk nipples gave the best
results, but she still fights it so much. DH tries, but gives in too
easily, which is why we've had friends...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 21st 06, 06:19 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By PK
Dental work & bresatfeeding

MareCat wrote:
"PK" wrote in message

FYI - I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out when my daughter was...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 19th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 18
Posted By PK
Dental work & bresatfeeding

KR wrote:
I have to get a cavity replaced next week, I am exclusively
breastfeeding my 4 month old. Is it okay or should I wait??

KR

It depends on what you are given for numbing the tooth...
Forum: Pregnancy September 14th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 17
Posted By PK
Concerned about size!

xkatx wrote:
snip

As others have told you, there can be a number of explanations for why
fundal height is dropping. I wanted to let you know that if at all the
baby has to come earlier than the...
Forum: Breastfeeding September 3rd 06, 05:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 25
Posted By PK
Breastfeeders who pump and give a bottle when out?

cjra wrote:
Is there anyone here who does this?

I just wonder how common it is. On another board, someone had suggested
to avoid offending people by NIP, they pump and give a bottle when
Forum: Breastfeeding September 1st 06, 12:12 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 21
Posted By PK
OT ish - Infant and mouse invasion

Cheri Stryker wrote:
snip

I'm having a nervous breakdown. I don't know where all they are
running; though the babe is never left unobserved, so there's not been
any first-hand encounters...
Forum: Pregnancy August 25th 06, 02:56 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By PK
Shooting pains? Normal?

xkatx wrote:
snip

Should I just call in the morning
after DD's appointment if it doesn't go away or just live with it?

I'd call if I were in your position. If the pain hasn't gone away after
a...
Forum: Pregnancy August 22nd 06, 01:27 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By PK
Peeing?

xkatx wrote:
"PK" wrote in message

xkatx wrote:

Is this a bad thing if it did drop so soon? My...
Forum: Pregnancy August 21st 06, 06:16 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By PK
Peeing?

xkatx wrote:
Sorry if this is TMI, but I'm wondering if anyone has had something like
this before...

I just can't stop peeing, but it's not really like I am actually going to
the...
Forum: Pregnancy August 15th 06, 06:43 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 21
Posted By PK
Sleep - swaddling, side sleeping

cjra wrote:

snip

If your DD is comfortable side sleeping you can try that. Just make
sure you prop her in a way that she doesn't roll over on her tummy.
foam wedges may be able to help.

And...
Forum: Pregnancy August 10th 06, 07:37 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 30
Posted By PK
Crap, crap, crap... Venting... Advice? (Long - my apologies...)

xkatx wrote:
snip

kat, I knew there was some trouble at home ( from another posting of
yours), but I had no idea things had gotten this bad. ((HUGS)).
Without repeating what others have said and...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 31st 06, 03:48 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 6
Posted By PK
lump in breast?

oregonchick wrote:
I haven't breast fed or expressed since April. About a month ago I found a
small pea sized hard bump in my left breast. I wasn't concerned. But it
hasn't changed in any...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 28th 06, 12:21 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By PK
Paranoid new mom question #4521 - now sleeping too much?

cjra wrote:
snip
I shouldn't complain

Count your blessings :-)
A is probably fine - logically, if you tried offering and if she's not
going to nurse you can't possibly force her to nurse. She'll...
Forum: Pregnancy July 26th 06, 06:49 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 8
Posted By PK
OT why might toddlers be very small/have a low appetite

We think lots about the small childhood and leaping at adolesence thing as
it is very common in my family, yet none of us were as small as him, I
weighed about what he weighs at 3+ a whole...
Forum: Pregnancy July 26th 06, 03:47 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 8
Posted By PK
OT why might toddlers be very small/have a low appetite

Anne Rogers wrote:

No ideas, really, just hugs. He could just be a smaller kid, or maybe
he's going through an exceptionally picky phase. Both my niece and my
nephew (totally...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 21st 06, 07:56 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 19
Posted By PK
Breastfeeding challenges

cjra wrote:
PattyMomVA wrote:

Hmmm. I thought I was supposed to wake her if she slept more than 3
hrs, and I'd read that longer than that was a sign of not taking in
enough (altho that...
Forum: Pregnancy July 21st 06, 07:37 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 10
Posted By PK
Quick question on tuna...

xkatx wrote:
snip

Any ideas?

was the mayo homemade ? If so, it may have spoiled (raw eggs and all).
Like everyone else said, limit the tuna intake due to mercury concerns.

maybe something...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36