Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.93 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anne Rogers[_2_]
Forum: Pregnancy June 14th 07, 04:54 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 5
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Fioricet for headache?

It's basically a narcotic (butalbital), acetaminophen
(Tylenol), and caffeine. It's an old drug. Be careful taking
any other drugs with acetaminophen since it's easy to overdose.

butalbital...
Forum: Pregnancy June 14th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 28
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Meds after C-section

I guess I'm wondering how common this last scenario is. I mean, I've had
lots and lots of friends and internet aquaintances have c-sections, but
have never heard anyone say that they needed...
Forum: Pregnancy June 14th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 28
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Meds after C-section

The average time for a woman to stay in the hospital after c-section is 5
days, right

more like 3 days, at least it is in the UK, I've not seen anything that
points to it being any different...
Forum: Pregnancy June 14th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 28
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Meds after C-section

Thanks. The reason I ask is that an aquaintance is talking with a
propsective birthmother who will be having a c-section, and the pbm can't
sign the relinquishment papers until she has been...
Forum: General June 13th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
is Legoland worth it??

Both mine loved Legoland Windsor by 2.5yo.

I wonder how different the different Legoland parks are, I've only been to
the original one, in Denmark, I think I would have been 9 and my sister 7,...
Forum: General June 13th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.sewing,misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
toddler training pants (cross-posted)

I agree. But they sell bed liners that you just put on top of the sheet.
It
is plastic on the bottom and some sort of absorbant material on the top.
If she wets, you can just throw it out...
Forum: Pregnancy June 13th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 9
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
update on 2nd pregnancy & baby names

re pregnancy - a bit bigger & much higher than with rachel...so
breathless...a real shock. bit scared this will be a bigger baby - rach
was
8 pounds even. but feel good and no major...
Forum: Pregnancy June 13th 07, 10:03 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 28
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Meds after C-section

A quick question for all of you ladies who have had a c-section -- how long
were you on prescription medications after the surgery? Longest or
shortest?

Again, not personal experience, but it...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 13th 07, 06:29 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Breast refusal

I decreased the amount of solid food she's getting by only a teaspoonful
of cereal (2 full and 1 flat plus milk and fruit or veges instead of 3
full and a dribble on a fourth) and by the...
Forum: Pregnancy June 13th 07, 06:24 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 37
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Baby names and NO idea

we were similar the 2nd time around, we decided when I was about 4-5 months
gone that we wouldn't use the name Ada as a first name, then never really
got round to having another conversation about...
Forum: General June 13th 07, 03:36 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
is Legoland worth it??

We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 13th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Breast refusal

which isotope? Dr Hale says 5 days is ridiculous for one and far too soon
for the other!

I don't remember. I think they are probably just
being (ultra)conservative. I just know that...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 13th 07, 12:08 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Breast refusal

I tried to get my endo to use a different isotope,
but he wouldn't, so I did not do that scan. He's
the one who told me 5 days w/o BF.

which isotope? Dr Hale says 5 days is ridiculous for one...
Forum: Pregnancy June 12th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 12
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Back!

Well, we've had the scan and it looks like all's going well - No. 2 is
due at the end of November. ;-)

congratulations Sarah, I was kind of wondering when it might be!

Anne
Forum: Breastfeeding June 12th 07, 03:37 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Breast refusal

http://66.230.33.248/discus/messages/54/3749.html

thought this would be useful, I think someone mentioned about the different
isotopes, seems like you really need to check you get the right...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 12th 07, 03:25 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Breast refusal

I think it was Anne that said I'll have to stop breastfeeding for 5 days
but can still pump and store the EBM for later use, when it is no longer
radioactive. I don't know what I'll do in...
Forum: Pregnancy June 11th 07, 09:12 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 8
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
lifting weight after being torn

Oooh... The toddler and baby thing... IIRC, mine are around the same age
as
yours, right? (My DDs are 14 months apart in age)
I know how much of a PITA this situation can be...

mine are a...
Forum: Pregnancy June 11th 07, 09:03 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 15
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
we have a girl

I think that is the absolute best advice anyone could give a new mother.
It's so easy get get pushed off track by doctors and nurses who are
expecting the tiny newborn (and REALLY tiny, in...
Forum: Pregnancy June 11th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 9
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
OK to take 1.5 month old on 3 hour trip?

Some babies to get obstructive apnoea episodes in car seats, but if it was a
problem, you'd already have noticed it (I vaguely recall some research that
said all babies had more episodes in car...
Forum: Pregnancy June 11th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 9
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
OK to take 1.5 month old on 3 hour trip?

"Snugglemonster" wrote in message
The DW's parents live 15 minutes away, so they have seen our DS a few
more times...
Forum: Breastfeeding June 11th 07, 06:27 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 20
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Breast refusal

do not give a bottle, it just reinforces the refusal

she sounds an awful lot like my DD, who is 2 today! She was just so keen for
solids she cut out her breastfeeds, I don't remember the exact...
Forum: Pregnancy June 11th 07, 06:18 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 15
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
we have a girl

I just want to say THANK YOU. I went into labor Friday night and the
doc said that I was going to have to have a c section. We live in a
very small town had to wait for the other doc's to get to...
Forum: General June 11th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 57
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
How many hours in daycare?

but as you say,
low pay, between 30 and 40 thousand dollars per annum iirc.

Heh, everything is relative, and does depend on cost of living, but
that's actually quite a reasonable FT...
Forum: Pregnancy June 10th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,uk.people.parents
Replies: 36
Posted By Anne Rogers[_2_]
Announcing (X-post)

Well, that's the reason right there! I'm unsubbed from m.k.p. so I'm
reading from m.k. What a nice surprise! Thanks for the updates Anne.

It does seem wierd when you have some of the same...
Forum: General June 10th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,uk.people.parents
Replies: 35