Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Forum: General September 18th 06, 10:39 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 141
Posted By [email protected]
Used infant/child carseats - what the heck to do with them?

For me, personally, I like to think "There is a 1 in 10 chance that
this old car seat could save a baby's life" rather than "There is a 9
in 10 chance someone who doesn't need this is going to get...
Forum: General September 18th 06, 10:18 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 141
Posted By [email protected]
Used infant/child carseats - what the heck to do with them?

I know what you are saying, but with the attitude of trying to ensure
that those who could get one, don't get your old one, you also
immediately knock out the chance that some child who "really" did...
Forum: General September 18th 06, 10:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 141
Posted By [email protected]
Donating baby stuff. Was: Used infant/child carseats - what the heck to do with them?

The group we donate to who does give away things after interviewing and
specifying the needs of all registered there is called the Deacon's
Conference. I used to give my stuff to Goodwill, but it did...
Forum: General September 16th 06, 09:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 141
Posted By [email protected]
Used infant/child carseats - what the heck to do with them?

I read, again, I think through NHTSA that they allow up to ten years
for the plastic, but again, using one is preferred over not using one.

Banty wrote:
In article...
Forum: General September 16th 06, 09:08 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 141
Posted By [email protected]
Used infant/child carseats - what the heck to do with them?

Banty, do try to find a place that could really use some used car
seats. We take our to a local charity (where they dole out one plate,
one fork, one cup, etc. per person) and they get sooo excited...
Forum: General September 14th 06, 03:59 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By [email protected]
school snack question

I disagree, especially since this is the same teacher we had last year
who sent out calendars marking everyone's birthday treat day (in
half-day kindergarten) no less. I don't work for her; in fact,...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 04:38 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Ahhh the memories are coming back now....

Wow! How much did each custom-made body bib run ya? I have seen the
Messeez high chair cover just recently online myself as well. That is a
vote for that then! lol.

toypup wrote:
Forum: General September 13th 06, 03:50 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Ahhh the memories are coming back now....

LOL. Now that I need to move more quickly through the mundane tasks of
parenthood with the other two children being six and eight, I now
remember how annoying self-feeding can be (although...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 03:45 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
How do you take home-made baby food when going out?

My ten-month-old is now mostly on finger foods, but when I needed to
take some homemade with us somewhere I would use containers if I was
going somewhere where I had access to heating it up;...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By [email protected]
school snack question

Each teacher has their own policy on snacks I am learning (as we go).
Some want you to provide 24 pre-packaged snacks every so many weeks and
then set out a variety for the children to choose from....
Forum: General September 12th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By [email protected]
school snack question

Good catch enigma, I have to admit that I stopped at the 3% juice and
97% water part and did not actually view the ingredients at 2 a.m. lol.
I really never even had anything other than orange juice...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 07:13 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By [email protected]
school snack question

LOL. That is too much. Goldfish qualifies? Anyway, I know what you are
trying to say in relation to them dictating what you should provide,
but on the other hand, I think I would reserve my disdain...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 07:03 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Toddler and swimming

In my experience, around that age, 20 minutes was plenty long enough
and yet not long enough to make my kids want to sleep immediately after
or cry to get out; they would have preferred to stay in...
Forum: General September 12th 06, 07:01 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
2 3/4 yr. old laughs while crying as if he's embarassed to cry...

Awww, bless his lil' heart. I think it is harder on us moms than it is
on them when they don't really need us to fix the boo-boos any longer
and the magic kiss isn't a requirement. lol. Really...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 22nd 06, 08:15 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Gas problem

Take a 5-mo-old to the potty?

Liz wrote:
"Beth Kevles" wrote in message

Hi --

If she has a predictable...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 21st 06, 04:10 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 89
Posted By [email protected]
Etiquette Question - wedding invites

Since I had to pay for my own wedding, I had to put "adult-only
reception" on the invitation because I couldn't afford to feed
everyone's kids. It wasn't that I did not want them, and a ton of
people...
Forum: Breastfeeding July 21st 06, 04:04 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Gas problem

If you can't think of anything you've eaten or that she has eaten, I
wouldn't worry about it unless it is causing her to lose sleep. Some
babies' systems are more alert to the goings on inside than...
Forum: General July 16th 06, 07:03 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Kids interest

Yes, all you can really do is present them with a list of activities
you can sign them up for. I did this this summer with my two, six and
eight, and they picked what they wanted, although one wanted...
Forum: General July 15th 06, 02:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Pureed raw veg for 5-month old?

Another thing about the fruits, sorry, I couldn't stop thinking or
wondering about it, is that most kids will alienate veggies at some
point, but they usually never do so with fruits. All my kids...
Forum: General July 15th 06, 02:32 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Pureed raw veg for 5-month old?

Actually there are recommendations to at least steam them to kill off
anything that might be lingering from the soil (most fruits included).
I made a banana/blueberry mix myself the other day and I...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20