Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cathy Kearns
Forum: General April 5th 08, 06:32 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 214
Posted By Cathy Kearns
I hate homework!

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
The teachers in our elementary and middle schools (bless
their fuzzy little hearts) are...
Forum: General April 4th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 214
Posted By Cathy Kearns
I hate homework!

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , Beth
Kevles
says...
When the 15...
Forum: General February 13th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 108
Posted By Cathy Kearns
A Room of One's Own

"Beliavsky" wrote in message
I wonder at what age kids "need" to have their own bedrooms. With 4yo
Forum: General January 6th 08, 07:19 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 157
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Bad mommy or cultural difference?

I think next child you need to request one of those calm children.
Otherwise it's luck of the draw. My girls were the calm children, and I'm
sure it wasn't my superior parenting skills. They were...
Forum: General January 4th 08, 11:15 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Looking for quality toddler's bathrobe

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message

Thanks Penny. I should look at equivalent...
Forum: General December 5th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 19
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Last names in kids'

"sfilo7" u39582@uwe wrote in message news:7c2558b8ec704@uwe...
Does anyone know or have any publications, articles, books, etc. about
children having identity issues with growing up with a...
Forum: General November 24th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Car Seat in Taxi from Boston Logan Airport?

"Pokee" wrote in message
I am not trying
to make this more complicated than it is - I just want SIMPLE...
Forum: General November 8th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Cathy Kearns
ice skating

"Beliavsky" wrote in message
My company's Christmas party for children of employees will be held at
an ice...
Forum: General November 1st 07, 02:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Daylight savings and Halloween

wrote in message
We live in a suburb where people don't really see each another much. I
can recognize 3 of my...
Forum: General November 1st 07, 02:06 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Daylight savings and Halloween

"Sue" wrote in message
Here in Michigan, we went out when it was still light out. It was weird.
Forum: General November 1st 07, 03:16 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Daylight savings and Halloween

I'm thinking leaving daylight savings for Halloween isn't working too well.
I just answered the door to a very tired darth vader. It seems even the
tiny tots wait until dark, and when dark is 7pm,...
Forum: General October 31st 07, 12:10 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 80
Posted By Cathy Kearns
stress in high school students

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Clisby wrote:

That was my experience. I don't recall a single thing about PE that...
Forum: General August 20th 07, 03:42 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.education
Replies: 447
Posted By Cathy Kearns
cover article in Time magazine on gifted education

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Certainly, I know there are dancers who aren't
considered particularly bright, but the...
Forum: General August 3rd 07, 01:16 AM Posted to misc.education,misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By Cathy Kearns
School uniforms should be enforced in schools

I went to 12 years of Catholic school with specific uniforms. (Four
different schools, four different uniforms.) I didn't mind the uniforms,
but I really didn't see a benefit either. Stylish...
Forum: General July 27th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Cathy Kearns
To quit or not to quit?

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Here, by U9 you're into the house league and out
of the developmental league, and you've...
Forum: General July 26th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Cathy Kearns
To quit or not to quit?

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message

Right, but it seems rather unfair to me that one has
to get on the bandwagon at 5...
Forum: General July 26th 07, 04:03 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 34
Posted By Cathy Kearns
learning to play the piano

"Beth Kevles" wrote in message
I think that early exposure to plenty of music is the best thing you can
do. Try a...
Forum: General July 6th 07, 02:31 PM Posted to misc.education,misc.kids
Replies: 87
Posted By Cathy Kearns
evaluating schools by tracking individual students

"Beliavsky" wrote in message
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/06/education/06test.html

At the
same time, many...
Forum: General July 4th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Cathy Kearns
I know I'm being a paranoid mom, but would this cause offense?

"cjra" wrote in message
On Jul 3, 8:48 pm, "bizby40" wrote
I appreciate all the...
Forum: General July 3rd 07, 09:06 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Cathy Kearns
I know I'm being a paranoid mom, but would this cause offense?

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Rudy wrote:

However, I do think you are missing the greater issue. You either think...
Forum: General July 1st 07, 06:29 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Cathy Kearns
I know I'm being a paranoid mom, but would this cause offense?

Now, piecing together the story:

1) You are worried your daughter will escape your husband's relatives hotel
room and end up in the hotel pool.
2) Your husband says his sibling and spouse will be...
Forum: General June 29th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
Posted By Cathy Kearns
gifted acceleration

"Chookie" wrote in message
The
second was that he would do best with a teacher who would not...
Forum: General June 28th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
Posted By Cathy Kearns
gifted acceleration

"Beliavsky" wrote in message
On Jun 27, 11:53 am, annie wrote:

snip

Forum: General June 22nd 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Bikes for 'tweens?

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
I think a lot of it can be laid at the feet of the news media who
publicize all the...
Forum: General June 19th 07, 03:43 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By Cathy Kearns
Will / Can my toddler's red hair change color?

"toypup" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:30:07 GMT, Cathy Kearns wrote:
I need to try to remember all this for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100