Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris
Forum: Pregnancy March 23rd 07, 01:55 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 53
Posted By Chris
Do's and don''ts in first year

On Mar 22, 3:40 pm, wrote:
The big day is coming up and I would like to know what are some do's
and don'ts for that first crucial year. We've been reading some books
and...
Forum: Pregnancy March 1st 07, 04:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris
Still around

On Feb 28, 2:46 pm, "Joy" wrote:
I'm still around but lurking. I haven't been able to access mkp
through OE lately, and I haven't had time to figure it out lately.

My...
Forum: General February 7th 07, 02:32 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 38
Posted By Chris
six year old's ceaseless silly movement

On Feb 6, 7:45 pm, wrote:

Anyways, when not actively engaged in some activity, my son is almost
always fidgeting or moving in some goofball manner. He's rarely still.
When...
Forum: General (moderated) January 23rd 07, 06:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris
RIP m.k. regular Leah Adezio

Robin wrote:
So sorry to have to post this news here.

Leah Adezio, longtime m.k.* poster, died Tuesday of liver and kidney
failure. She was 46.

Thanks for letting us know Robin. It is hard...
Forum: General January 10th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris
5 Year Old Child - Discovered Small lump on Back of Head

Billy wrote:
The lump is getting flatter. What I find interesting is that not once
has anyone replied and said that they think it could be a bump from
injury.

I think people were responding...
Forum: General January 1st 07, 06:32 PM Posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.computer
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris
Kids, Robots and Computers

Maggie wrote:
Hi all,

My son is in the fourth grade and his science class just finished a unit
on robots. Now I think I have a future NASA scientist on my hands. He
keeps showing me...
Forum: General December 30th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris
OT logic puzzle magazine

Anne Rogers wrote:
in the UK there was a subscription only magazine called "Tough Puzzles", I
never had a subscription myself, but sometimes I got a sample one or one my
mum hadn't had time to...
Forum: General (moderated) December 5th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 27
Posted By Chris
fidgety kids

Paula wrote:

Anyway, it's a life skill to deal with boredom productively. Who
hasn't had to sit quietly and at least seemingly attentively in
numerous boring meetings?

That's been my...
Forum: General (moderated) December 1st 06, 01:03 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 27
Posted By Chris
fidgety kids

Jeff wrote:

It sounds like he has two problems: 1) He is bored in class. You should talk
to his assistant principal or guidence counselor as well as his teachers.
His teachers should be...
Forum: General (moderated) November 29th 06, 05:09 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 27
Posted By Chris
fidgety kids

Penny Gaines wrote:

How much physical exercise does he do? And what's his diet like?

He is pretty active, but his diet is not very good. I guess I haven't
made that connection before, but...
Forum: General (moderated) November 28th 06, 02:27 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 27
Posted By Chris
fidgety kids

Just had our parent teacher conference for our 6th grade son. The
story is pretty much the same as every year--bright kid but he can't
sit still in class. Of course each year teachers are less...
Forum: General November 17th 06, 09:25 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 48
Posted By Chris
kids watching other kids

Stephanie wrote:
At what age would you leave kids alone in the house for a trip to the store?
More to the point, what is the youngest age that this would be conceivable?

This is one of those...
Forum: General September 29th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Chris
First birthday party, no gifts?

Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
We've just been invited to a first birthday party in Somerville, MA,
and the parents said no gifts.

I feel silly going to a child's birthday party and not...
Forum: General (moderated) September 18th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

beeswing wrote:
..
What do parents here think? How old is too old to trick-or-treat? .

My older son who turned 15 yesterday didn't go last year, but I think
he did the year before, when he was...
Forum: General September 6th 06, 05:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris
Sports and music lessons

Irene wrote:
I know its different for every family, but I'm curious. Do you think
it is reasonable for a kid to commit to both a sport *and* learning a
musical instrument?

My boys have always...
Forum: General August 21st 06, 08:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 17
Posted By Chris
Backpacks for kids

Irene wrote:
DS is starting kindy this year, and needs a backpack. Do you think it
really matters if I get a cheap one with characters on it (like ds
wants) or a good one at a store like REI? ...
Forum: General August 18th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 142
Posted By Chris
UPDATE: first day of kindergarten and homework!

toypup wrote:
Things sort of got a bit out of hand the last two nights. DS started
destroying his homework out of frustration. I seriously was going to take
him out of school, like this...
Forum: General August 18th 06, 07:28 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 63
Posted By Chris
cell phone for 11 year old

Marie wrote:
Please tell me my daughter is not the only 11 year old without a cellphone!
Almost all the middle schoolers I know now have cell phones and my daughter
begs for one but I refuse to...
Forum: General (moderated) August 15th 06, 12:54 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris
handling own medicine--what age?

Louise wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:34:43 EDT, "Chris" wrote:

At what age can kids be responsible for taking things like tylenol or
allergy medicines on their own as...
Forum: General (moderated) August 10th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris
handling own medicine--what age?

At what age can kids be responsible for taking things like tylenol or
allergy medicines on their own as needed? My son is turning 15 and
occassionally gets a headache and suffers from some mild...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 05:00 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris
Should a 12 year old have a computer in her room?

Rich wrote:
My wife thinks it's ok and says the girl is trustworthy and needs
privacy to do her homework.

I think kids shouldn't have a machine in their room for many reasons.
Obviosly...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 02:43 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 142
Posted By Chris
first day of kindergarten and homework!

toypup wrote:
DS finished the first day of kindergarten yesterday. For his homework, he
had to write his name, color a house, write his address, draw a picture of
someone he wants to talk on...
Forum: General July 21st 06, 04:11 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Chris
Pre-School Education Quandry

wrote:
preschool education. He does things that kind of leave my husband
and
I stunned and I don't want him to lose his love of learning just
because he might be a little...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23