Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Irrational Number
Forum: General September 16th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By Irrational Number
Well, it's finally the end.

Kat wrote:

So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.

Oh, sorry to hear this... I'd hoped that he would
have figured it out, but you are better off without
him. Be strong...
Forum: General September 14th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Irrational Number
neighbor DID call CPS on us - long rant

xkatx wrote:
Banty wrote in
:

As for them, no reason to even be neighborly - you don't even have to
call if you see a breaking in...
Forum: General September 13th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Irrational Number
neighbor DID call CPS on us - long rant

Banty wrote:
In article , Irrational Number
says...

Well, following that, I talked to all the
other neighbors, determined that no one...
Forum: General September 13th 08, 08:28 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Irrational Number
neighbor DID call CPS on us - long rant

So, if anyone is following our saga, back
in July, my neighbor J ranted and railed at
me for various issues: safety, nanny,
bilingual environment, tantrums, noise,
etc., regarding my 5yo autistic...
Forum: General July 18th 08, 07:41 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Irrational Number
neighbor complaint about my autistic child

My next-door neighbor railed into me this
morning. My 5-year-old Pillbug is autistic
and screeches a lot. I honestly had no idea
it was this bad, though - I've learned to
block out the sounds of...
Forum: General June 20th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Irrational Number
My 6yr old son is bit overweight

A Concerned Father wrote:
keep snacking with cheese or fruits, gummys etc. Pizza and cheeseburger
fries twice a week deal. When he eat pizza he would eat about 3.5
slices, fries he would even...
Forum: Breastfeeding April 25th 08, 03:30 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 10
Posted By Irrational Number
Is Anybody Still Here?

Leslie wrote:

I came by to say hi and am so dismayed by all the spam! It makes me
sad to think of what this group used to be like just a few years ago.
Where does everyone go now for bf...
Forum: General April 25th 08, 06:27 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 14
Posted By Irrational Number
co-sleeping is "bad"

MarieD wrote:

There is a huge movement these days in my community to make parents
aware of how dangerous co-sleeping is. Apparantly there is a larger than
usual number of babies suffocating...
Forum: General April 25th 08, 06:26 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 3
Posted By Irrational Number
Toddler meltdown

Kim wrote:

When we get home, I usually fix him a quick snack and talk/play with
him for a few minutes before starting dinner... but it seems no matter
what, he goes into meltdown mode very...
Forum: General April 16th 08, 03:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Irrational Number
baby burp problems

Greg R wrote:

We have a nearly 3 month old baby (just shy of 13oz.) at home that
REFUSES to burp.

So, don't burp him.

Pillbug burped just fine, Rocky threw up every time
I tried to burp him,...
Forum: General April 8th 08, 05:19 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Irrational Number
flapping hands

Donna Metler wrote:

"Beliavsky" wrote in message

My 4yr9mo son often flaps his hands when he...
Forum: General April 8th 08, 05:17 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Irrational Number
flapping hands

toto wrote:

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:34:01 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

many small children do the hand flapping when excited. they
also seem to do it when they have to go...
Forum: General March 25th 08, 06:51 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 12
Posted By Irrational Number
Little Dude got born

Akuvikate wrote:
Short version: Little Dude was born on March 19 at 8:53am.

Congratulations, Kate! Welcome, Big Little Dude!

-- Anita --
Forum: General March 18th 08, 05:30 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
Posted By Irrational Number
Need your advice/help for dealing with a 3-yr old's temper

wrote:

Things triggered his temper seem trivial: eg, a banana is broke, a
cookie is not in certain shape, I get him a tissue from the wrong
tissue box, insist on wearing...
Forum: Pregnancy March 12th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 11
Posted By Irrational Number
10 years.

Jamie Clark wrote:

Today is the 10 year anniversary of losing Nathan. We had a really nice
family day.

Thanks for sharing, Jamie. A family day is
a perfect way of remembering Nathan.

--...
Forum: Breastfeeding March 9th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Irrational Number
weaning party tonight...

Rocky has not nursed for 2 weeks now, so I think
he's really weaned. He did nurse once in the
previous week. He's now 2 years 9 months, so
we went beyond the 18 months I'd originally
thought!

We...
Forum: Pregnancy February 23rd 08, 05:33 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 13
Posted By Irrational Number
OT my heart

Anne Rogers wrote:

You don't
happen to know how long beta blockers take to work do you?

With my propranolol, the doctor gave me 80mg
per day in 4 doses, but I took just 10mg (1 pill)
and...
Forum: Pregnancy February 22nd 08, 05:04 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 13
Posted By Irrational Number
OT my heart

Anne Rogers wrote:

I got called yesterday and offered a cancellation for a stress echo
test. The results were basically as I expected, the heart is
structurally fine with no arrhythmias,...
Forum: General February 22nd 08, 11:33 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By Irrational Number
UPDATE 8 month old refusing to feed.

Welches wrote:

Thanks for the advice everyone:
Yesterday evening he decided to feed fine and has been fine ever since.
I'm guessing it was me reacting to him biting, so I need to find...
Forum: General February 20th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By Irrational Number
8 month old refusing to feed.

Welches wrote:

Yesterday #3 started refusing to breastfeed. He took a feed fine at 4am.
Then when I went for his morning feed he fed a little on one side, pulling
away often and crying,...
Forum: Breastfeeding February 18th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Irrational Number
Milk with breast milk?

xkatx wrote:

With all that said, it sounds like she can have regular milk now, or not,
just so long as she does have a healthy diet.

Exactly!

-- Anita --
Forum: Breastfeeding February 17th 08, 08:14 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 5
Posted By Irrational Number
Milk with breast milk?

xkatx wrote:

I'm just wondering if she's getting enough milk or not, or if she should be
drinking cow's milk.

A child is weaned from breastmilk to a well-balanced
diet. Cow's milk is a...
Forum: Breastfeeding February 15th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Replies: 2
Posted By Irrational Number
one side or two

wrote:

The problem is that one breast has a slow let-down while the other has
a fast one. The fast one hasn't been an issue up till now, but it's
causing James to gag...
Forum: General February 15th 08, 06:20 AM Posted to misc.kids,misc.consumers
Replies: 4
Posted By Irrational Number
Please recommend a quality waterproof mattress pad

wrote:

We have a twin bed in a guest bedroom that is frequently used by young
kids.
Can anyone recommend a quality waterproof mattress pad?
Many of them are noisy, don't...
Forum: Pregnancy February 13th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 18
Posted By Irrational Number
What age does parenting get easier?

wrote:

Here is a question I have. At what age can we expect parenting to get
easier?

What happens when you have more than one is that
you relax your standards as well...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100