Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: beeswing
Forum: General (moderated) October 20th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 11
Posted By beeswing
Role modeling with regard to alcohol

On Oct 16, 3:26 pm, "beachpeach" wrote:
beeswing wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

FWIW, I have some friends that take wine glasses when they go trick or
treating...
Forum: General (moderated) October 16th 06, 03:01 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 11
Posted By beeswing
Trick or Treating Part2

Claire Petersky wrote:

FWIW, I have some friends that take wine glasses when they go trick or
treating with their kids. When the kids say "trick or treat", the parents
hold out their wine...
Forum: General (moderated) September 22nd 06, 01:33 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Dawn wrote:
beeswing wrote:
My daughter will be 12 in December and is in 6th grade
(snip)
What do parents here think? How old is too old to trick-or-treat?

I think it's too old when...
Forum: General (moderated) September 22nd 06, 01:32 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

wrote:

My oldest just turned 13. He went last year, and plans to go again
this year. We go as a group with another family with 3 boys; he's the
oldest but not by far. None...
Forum: General (moderated) September 22nd 06, 01:30 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Barbara wrote:

We don't *do* Halloween, but we did when I was a kid, so I feel I'm
still qualified to respond. ;-

IMHO, I can't see the harm in allowing her to trick-or-treat if she
Forum: General (moderated) September 22nd 06, 01:29 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Chris wrote:

My older son who turned 15 yesterday didn't go last year, but I think
he did the year before, when he was 13--partly because he went with his
9 year old brother. Evan, who will...
Forum: General (moderated) September 22nd 06, 01:28 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated

On 2006-09-17, Dawn wrote:
Come to think of it, why not think of it that way? Wouldn't you
*prefer* she still wanted to trick-or-treat as...
Forum: General (moderated) September 21st 06, 08:54 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Louise wrote:

I think it's fine for trick or treating to continue into the young
teenage years. We started talking about future choices when our kids
were eleven or twelve, reminding them...
Forum: General (moderated) September 21st 06, 08:35 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Banty wrote:

What defines "too old"?

I don't know. That's why I asked the question. ;)

Since in my area I see teens trick or treating all the
time, I'd say she's not too old yet. The teens...
Forum: General (moderated) September 21st 06, 08:30 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Paula wrote:
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:53:07 EDT, "beeswing" wrote:

But actually trick or treat wasn't that big a deal for us.

For some reason, it's really important...
Forum: General (moderated) September 21st 06, 08:24 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Beth Kevles wrote:
Hi --

In our neighborhood, kids go even into high school. However, they stop
asking for candy and instead tote a Unicef box at some point. (They
take the candy if...
Forum: General (moderated) September 21st 06, 08:22 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Louise wrote:

Perhaps you could offer to host the group of friends after the
trick-or-treating and drive them home or have them sleep over, so they
could socialize, eat candy together, enjoy...
Forum: General (moderated) September 17th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Rosalie B. wrote:

I'm not sure she's really that much out of the ordinary. I was the
same way - I was once mistaken for my dad's wife (and my mom for his
mother which didn't make her too...
Forum: General (moderated) September 17th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Rosalie B. wrote:
"beeswing" wrote:

My daughter will be 12 in December and is in 6th grade, which in her
school is the second year of middle school. I let her...
Forum: General (moderated) September 17th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 26
Posted By beeswing
Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

My daughter will be 12 in December and is in 6th grade, which in her
school is the second year of middle school. I let her trick-or-treat
last year but feel like this year she has crossed into the...
Forum: General (moderated) August 27th 06, 04:39 PM Posted to misc.kids.moderated
Replies: 1
Posted By beeswing
One more thing you need to check in before you board -- your teen!

Claire Petersky wrote:
A friend forwarded me a link to this blog entry:
http://www.defectiveyeti.com/archives/001748.html

It just cracked me up. I think I saw every single one of those...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16