Old December 11th 03, 02:34 PM
jojo

Default Jeckle & Hyde~orapred????

Thanks Tina!
Yes, I don't mind dealing with grumpy at all, I was just worried
about the source. You know, if that drug did not make him grumpy, what did?
He took his last yesterday and yes, it was a short course. (3 days)
If it has that effect, combined with albuteral (which I know makes me
nervous)
I would be grumpy too!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback!
jojo

"Tina" wrote in message
om...
"jojo" wrote in message

My 15 month old DS has been on orapred (lung infection) since Monday.
Also since Monday, nothing makes him happy.
If he drops a toy, he wails. If I leave the room, He wails.
If I hand him the wrong thing on the table when he asked for something,
he wails.
Has anyone else had experience with this drug and did it make your child
irritable.
I am concerned because if it is not the drug, something else is making

him
unhappy, and he
is normally a happy kid.

Yes, he may be teething, but no other tooth has produced this reaction.
His cough is almost gone after 2 days on the medication, so I don't

think
the cough
is irritating him.

Thanks for any feedback

Yes, my daughter has had what I'd call emotional reactions to orapred.
I think it's kind of expected, and I'm sorry your Dr. didn't warn
you. He probably has a short course, under a week, right? It's
usually accepted that the response is sometimes obnoxious, but since
it's a short time, and it's a generally helpful medication, that you
deal with it, as I'm sure you are ; )

I've been on Prednisone myself, and I hated the way it made me feel.
I found myself clutching my fists for no reason and I was very easily
frustrated. But, I was able to stay out of the hospital, so I guessed
it was worth it.

He should be better soon, I'd guess, but you should call and describe
his behavior to your Doc on the phone at least, just in case there's
something else they're watching him for/following in his case.

Good Luck!

Tina.