Old January 10th 05, 12:11 PM
A&G&K&H

"Zoe Brown" wrote in message

Ughhh - I remember having a bad cold around 25 weeks when pg with DD.
I found saline nasal spray helped a lot with nasal congestion as did

using
steam vaporiser. I also used Vicks vaporub on my throat as I find this
really helps a sore throat.
...and try to drink lots of water ... I find filling a pitcher with ice
water and keeping it nearby helps as I tend to sip a lot more water when
its
so handy to get a drink.
Rest if you can.
I usually don't take much paracetamol,

No me either, I would take some cough medicine but I am not sure if it is
safe and I *know* that paracetamol is OK. I need to get better so that I
can return to work !!

I think there are some otc cold meds that you can take at certain stages of
a pg but can't remember much more than that. Somebody else (Ericka?) might
know if there is anything you can take.

The other thing that I forgot to mention that helps me is a chiropractic
treatment ... I find that having my neck adjusted relieves the congestion in
my head temporarily and manipulation of a few acupressure points helps me
recover more quickly.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002