Old January 25th 06, 06:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Allergies in pregnancy - can I do anything for them except suffer?

cjra wrote:

I will ask my doc, but figured I'd ask around what others have done.

[snip]
I'm surely not the only pregnant woman with allergies.

It was the happiest day in my pregnancy when my doctor told me I could
still take my OTC allergy medicine - it's literally the only thing that
helps, including any and all prescription medicines. (People without
allergies just don't get it, do they?) I got permission to take
Benedryl, Chlor-Trimeton, and Actifed. I usually only take a half a
day, since I've been much more rigorous about non-medicine preventions
like lots of fresh air and frequent vacuuming and dusting, but I really
couldn't make it without them. Definitely do talk to doc.

This cough, though, how BIG is it? Is it a productive cough, a throat
tickle, or just kind of like a twitch you just can't get rid of? If
it's the latter, with no other symptoms, you might have asthma. I'm
also on 2 different asthma meds, and when I don't take them, sleeping is
out of the question, and the irritating, persistent cough comes right
back.
--
Cheri Stryker

Mom to DS1 - 6 yrs old