Old February 23rd 04, 01:31 AM
Jill

Default Cough medicine (otc) ?

"Nan" wrote

I did... Tussionex, which has a mild narcotic, so that should enable
me to get *some* sleep tonight :-)

I actually have this in my medicine cabinet...so this what your ob allowed
you to have? I'll double check with mine but it;s good to know it is
probably ok.

Sudafed works for me for nasal congestion, but I get really worried when I
get chest congestion because it lingers and makes me feel panicky like I am
choking. Whenever I get sick- cold, flu, anything, it seems to settle in my
chest.

Traditionally every year I get a cold or flu that has bad enough respiratory
effects where I have to use nasal spray, prescription antihistamines and
decongestants, an albuterol inhaler, and Tussionex and course of Prednisone.
Not *all* at the same time but all during the same illness. Tussionex is the
only thing that helps my cough and chest congestion and I usually only have
to use it for a few days.

This year, during pregnancy, luckily, I haven't had anything that bad. I had
a cold but all I used was Sudafed sparingly and I got over it pretty
quickly. I haven't been sick enough to even think of an inhaler or
Tusssionex, knock on wood! ANd thankfully I am not getting many bad
headaches so Tylenol is working for them, for the first time in my life! No
migraines. If I can just make it about 3 more months!
Jill