Old February 11th 04, 03:52 PM
Vicki S

Default regarding Subject: OT DS cured me? ;-)

Dawn Lawson wrote:

DS is from Puregon.

I haven't heard of it. Glad it worked, though!

Provera (nasty to babes in utero)

Yes, Provera. Thanks for the reminder. I forgot the name.

Seems wierd that the same dr who told you that you'd conceive had to be
convinced to do a preg test before giving Clomid. (I tried Clomid and
hated it, didn't do a thing for me, gave me visual disturbances, plus
i'm not convinced it's all that safe, given the half life and standard
menstrual cycle/early preg.)

Well, it was the nutritionist in her office who said that, actually --
the doctor didn't say that and I don't know if she even knew the
nutritionist thought it. I assume the nutritionist charted our visit,
but I don't know what she wrote!
Clomid didn't give me any side affects, happily. Glad you had an
alternative when it didn't work for you. That sounds awful! And no,
I don't think it is terribly safe, either. Especially when you take
as much of it as I did. I found out after I got pregnant with DS and
got on Usenet that most doctors won't prescribe nearly as much of the
stuff as mine did. Sigh. Water under the bridge at this point.

Well i'm not sure they are abortifactants, or exactly how high the risk
is, but neither is something i would willingly take if I thought I might
be pregnant.

Exactly. And I understand that Provera is an abortifaciant and Clomid
is a teratogen.

so I ate carelessly once I went off birth control . . .

Hmmm, was it you we scolded for that? ;-)

Yes, that was me. :-) Shouldn't have brought it up if I didn't want
feedback! :-)

I suspect my mother is PCOS . . .

I know my mother has it (speaking of gaps, 13 years between my little
brother and our little sister!) and some of my aunts, cousins, second
cousins... the whole family is riddled with it. Mom still calls it
Stein-Leventhal syndrome, because that is what they called it when she
was diagnosed many years back. Anyway, my mother luckily found a
gynecologist who is an expert in PCOS, so he is keeping a careful eye
on her heart and diabetes stuff. I can't see him because he practices
medicine over 700 miles away from where I live. :-)
Still, maybe that is the best way to take care of your health - get a
really good doctor and make sure both of you stay up to date on the
relevant research.

Sue wrote:
Aww congratulations Vicki. Your due date is the day before my
birthday. Good time to have a baby ;o)
Cheryl S.
and "the Final Frontier", "due" September 4, 2004.

Congratulations Vicki! I'm happy and excited for you. Do you
plan another home birth? I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere
else. PS Your due date is the day after Jaden's first birthday. :-)

Well hey! If I get that far the kid will have a fortuitous birthday.
:-) But I don't expect to go that far. (I have GOT to stop saying
this. I am SO gonna jinx this birth!!)
And yes, I am definitely intending to have this one at home also.
I've seen the midwife once already and I see her again at the end of
next week. I love my midwife. :-)

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995. Ima shel DS, born 11/16/99; DD, born at