Old February 11th 04, 07:39 PM
Dawn Lawson

Default regarding Subject: OT DS cured me? ;-)

Vicki S wrote:

Dawn Lawson wrote:

DS is from Puregon.

I haven't heard of it. Glad it worked, though!

Injectible FSH. Had blood drawn today, and Fate is playing with me
again, the tech is PCOS and is seeing the (rude and arrogant) other RE,
and asked me about the RE I see (And adore). She was so delighted in
what I had to say, and I felt so good about being there at the right
time to say it ;-) (I would have gone to a totally different lab had
the woman I was supposed to meet this morning not basically stood me up
due to forgetting first about other commitments today and then about
phoning to let me know......)

Exactly. And I understand that Provera is an abortifaciant

Provera is progesterone. It's not an abortifactant unless you suddenly
*stop* taking it, but it's not good for fetuses. Prometrium is a
natural progesterone and doesn't have the nasty effects of Provera, so
it's safe to take, but stopping ANY progesterone supplement can cause a
withdrawal bleed, which if you're pregnant would potentially cause
abortion (loss of the pregnancy)

and Clomid
is a teratogen.

Yup, with a fairly long half life. I know lots of people use it, but I
just find it unsettling, even if I hadnt' had side effects.

I know my mother has it (speaking of gaps, 13 years between my little
brother and our little sister!)

*g* i suspect the gap has more to do with two kids in 15 months, the
younger of whom was a legendarily poor sleeper. Whether it took 8 years
to work up the courage with a history of 50% rotten kids ;-) or if bro
is an oops, I don't have the official scoop.

and some of my aunts, cousins, second
cousins... the whole family is riddled with it. Mom still calls it
Stein-Leventhal syndrome, because that is what they called it when she
was diagnosed many years back. Anyway, my mother luckily found a
gynecologist who is an expert in PCOS, so he is keeping a careful eye
on her heart and diabetes stuff.

I wish my mother would take my information to heart, and have a look at
herself in terms of all teh symptoms she displays (AN, body shape, carb
addiction, 3am insomnia, etc) but she will not.

I don't know about the rest of my family, because there aren't many...my
dad has one brother 7 years younger and my mom has one sister 5 years
younger. I have two first cousins. There are VERY few children, DS is
the first baby in 20 years. Most relatives had two or fewer children.
I'm not sure why.

Still, maybe that is the best way to take care of your health - get a
really good doctor and make sure both of you stay up to date on the
relevant research.

Yes, I think so too. Hence my absolute delight at being able to keep
seeing my RE. She's far and away the best dr I have ever dealt with.

Dawn