Old September 7th 05, 06:41 AM
Nan

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 01:06:31 GMT, "Leigh Menconi"
wrote:

My daughter also had a mild breakthrough case of CP, but not a fever and all
just a few spots on her torso. I was told by the doctor that breakthrough
cases are not contagious, not sure if that's true or not. Do you know if
the child who had it had been vaccinated? Just curious if what the doctor
said was true or not.

Leigh in raLeigh

According to the CDC website:

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/vaccine/varic....htm#17-spread

Can a vaccinated person who develops a mild case of chickenpox still
spread the disease?

Yes. Vaccinated persons who get this milder form of chickenpox may
still spread the disease to others who are not protected. Therefore,
these individuals should stay at home until the blisters have formed
scabs or if there are no blisters present, until no new spots or bumps
are forming.

Nan