Old November 2nd 05, 08:32 PM
Mamma Mia

Default almost 7 month old, only BM

"Nikki" wrote in message
Mamma Mia wrote:
he is not very interested in anything other then breast milk,
straight from the source. Will eventually take some EBM. NOt very
interested in the range of solids, such as rice cereal, fruit, veg,
whatever. will put a cruskit in his mouth but is still a bit little
for this i think.
so, any thoughts? i want him to be taking in a bit more external
food. ideally i want to wean him off me now but i wont go into that
her, not the forum for that i know!

My first son was like that. We just continued to offer every day and he
ate when he was ready which was around 10mos. It was stressful because he
went to the sitter and wouldn't eat anything or take bottles but he wasn't
going to change his mind ;-) He grew, gained, and developed perfectly
fine with nursing alone. He might have started a little earlier but he
was sick for a long spell at 9mos but I don't believe there is anything to
do other then offer food and try various foods (table foods, purees, hot,
cold, different flavors etc.).\

thanks nikki. I got him to eat some banana yesterday. he wasnt overly
enthusiastic, but it's a start!

chris

--
Nikki