Old May 18th 04, 01:41 AM
alath

Default this had better NOT be preterm labor (sorry, longish)

Glad to hear your cervix turned out to be closed.

But, I always discourage my patients from diagnosing their own
contractions until 35 or 36 weeks. Preterm labor contractions may be
irregular and may not hurt as much as full-term labor - until someone
checks your cervix, you really don't know. Not too long ago I had a
patient come in and deliver a 28 week baby - she'd been contracting
for two days and her friends told her not to worry because they were
"just Braxton-Hicks."

Bottom line: don't sit at home all day and night worrying if your
contractions are real or not, if you're in labor or not. If you think
there might be a problem, go in and get checked out.