Old May 19th 10, 11:48 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
dr_jeff

Default Smallpox and AIDS

john wrote:
"D. C. Sessions" wrote in message
Apparently, smallpox may have been good for
something after all: it may have given some
partial immunity to AIDS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8686750.stm

Such a load of ********

"Experts say the vaccine used to wipe out smallpox offered some protection
against the Aids virus and, now it is no longer used, HIV has flourished."

That is not a quote from the experts. That is a quote from the
journalists. Note that the word "Aids" is wrong. It should be all CAPS,
"AIDS."

The authors of the study are very careful not to make sweeping
statements like the one the journalists made. They basically said that
this is an interesting finding that may help scientists develop a better
vaccine and better understand how to slow or stop the spread of the virus.

Smallpox vaccine was implicated in introducing AIDS
http://whale.to/vaccines/aids1.htm

Well, OK, the vaccine seems to be of some use
against HIV/AIDS. But it's not too large a
stretch to conclude that smallpox might have
had the same effect.

personally I think HIV is a fabrication, at the least completely harmless
http://whale.to/aids.html

while the drugs and aids umbrella diagnosis are the real cause

Personally, I am glad that what you think doesn't matter, because you
have demonstrated a complete lack of scientific understanding, including
any valid concepts in science, biology, medicine or immunology. So I
think what you think doesn't matter.

Jeff