Old December 19th 05, 04:37 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Birth Control

"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...
What sort of birth control are you other nursing moms on?

I'm on Ortho-Micronor but I don't like it. I don't get a period, and I
am just sure that I'm going to start showing any minute now because
I've gotten pregnant again and don't realize it. I tried on a skirt
yesterday that's a little tight (odd, because I'm smaller now than I
was pre-pregnancy) and I flipped out that I might be PG again! ACK!!!
I am SO not ready. (It's probably just the X-mas cookies, I've been so
bad).

I went on a Mirena-progesterone only, so it won't interfere with nursing,
and it's an IUD, so there's double protection. I had some cramping for about
a week and a menstrual cycle, but otherwise, it's been great.

The reason your skirt might not fit is because your hips are a little bit
wider now.

Jess