Old September 10th 03, 07:52 PM
David desJardins

Default Can we cope with twins- no spin answers sought

Gwen writes:
Have you crunched the numbers too see if it is "cheaper" just to have
DW (or even you) stay home?? Typically the second income, minus
daycare expenses, is only a few thousands dollars at the end of the
year....which doesn't really make it worth leaving your kids for
someone else to raise...

Maybe you meant this in a more friendly way, but it sounds like an
attack on working parents. I don't agree that people who use childcare
options, of various sorts, are necessarily less engaged in their
children's growth and development. We used to have one poster who
occasionally showed up here to castigate working parents. We haven't
heard from him for a while, and I'm just as glad for that.

David desJardins