Old October 15th 04, 09:16 PM
newfy.1

"firedancer623" wrote in message
news:gKUbd.441$Ug4.389@trndny01...

Please no reponses how it's my duty as a US
citizen, heh, I've wanted to leave this country for years now (can't
convince dh)

Well, then I guess I can't comment...seriously though, you get the summons
very far in advance. I cannot imagine that a person can't find ANY childcare
in the time that passes when you receive the summons to the time that the
date comes up.

Here in CT you can delay your duty once for one whole year. That's pretty
generous, IMO. Also, a good amount of people do get dismissed just over the
phone and that counts as your duty. I know I delayed mine for a year then
"served" by being dismissed over the phone the day before.

JennP.