Old October 19th 04, 02:01 PM
Donna Metler

..
"karlisa" wrote in message
. com...
Well, speaking only for myself, I found that if I eliminate overly salty
foods--processed foods have enormous quantities of sodium added to

them--it
helps me tremendously. I honestly doubt that I'm harming myself or the

baby
by elimnating processed foods, fast foods or baked ham, which have proven
in me to trigger swelling. Just my opinion....

The Pre-eclampsia foundation consulting doctors recommends avoiding
processed foods, as does my perinatologist (and many of them are listeria
concerns anyway). The problem comes when the mother just plain avoids salt
or sodium, because too little sodium can actually make PE more likely.

The general diet recommendation is more a whole-foods type diet, with salt
added to taste.

lisa
micksmom
27 months old
baby boy 2 due 2-8-05

"Sandy" wrote in message
I found that drinking lots of water and avoiding salty foods helps a

great
deal.

Avoiding salt in pregnancy is not advised. Pregnant women need salt.

Limiting
salt can actually cause preeclampsia.

Sandy
Mama to