Old August 23rd 07, 01:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default Sleeping for little ones?

In article gR9zi.491$bO6.136@edtnps89, "xkatx" wrote:

I'm thinking bed times and nap times here are way off par. I'm wondering
what others are at to see if I really should try and make some adjustments.
DS is 6.5
Bed time: Around 8pm
Wake time: Around 8am
Nap times: None
Total sleep: 12 hours

I'm jealous. Mine is the same age but sleeps 9:30-7!

DD1 just turned 2
Bed time: Around 730pm
Wake time: Around 830pm
Nap times: About 11am-1pm, 3pm-5pm
Total sleep: 17 hours

Mine is 2.25yo. He sleeps 9-6:30 but wakes at least twice a night :-( He
also has a daytime sleep of 1-2hrs.

DD2 is 10 months
Bed time: Around 8pm
Wake time: Around 8am
Nap times: About 10am-1pm, 3pm-5pm
Total sleep: 17 hours

Do these sleep schedules make sense? Should I adjust any? I just find,
mostly, that DD1 seems to spend, still, most of her time sleeping, yet I
sometimes really do see and feel she needs it. Any suggestions? (assuming
any of this makes any sense at all!)

I don't think they sound unusual. 10mo is still a baby. Is she eating a lot
atm? I associate increased sleep and eating with growth spurts. Sooner or
later she will drop her morning sleep, but it sounds like it might be "later".
I don't think there's any advantage in attempting to make major changes to a
child's sleep patterns; it's likely to produce an overtired child, and that's
uuuugly! Babies are very mentally active and life is pretty tiring for them.
When did she drop from 3 naps to 2? If it wasn't too long ago, she might
still be adjusting.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue