Old December 8th 08, 06:27 PM posted to alt.child-support
tutacos

Default Question: Income source for NY support calculation

I'm trying to figure out what the basis is for determining child support
in NY. I know there our a lot of "buts" and "ifs". I'm looking for the
basic determination. NY State law reads that the percentage should be
calculated based on the "gross income". Is this the adjusted gross
income? When I brought this up to someone, they said that some items can
still be added in. For example, if you are depreciating an asset the
depreciation amount is added back in before taking the percentage
calculation. So the math looks something like this:

(adjust gross income
- 7.5% for social security
+ depreciation of assets)
x child support percentage

Does anyone have a reference to a law or previous court case I can use
to help me figure this out? I just don't want any surprises when I get
to court.