Old July 2nd 03, 11:03 AM
Spiralmoons

Default News and a 5 yr. old

Thanks guys! I haven't made up my mind yet about the news but we certainly
DO censor everything else the poor thing is exposed to. Mostly because I
don't want to have to deal with nightmares and bad language and such. They
are really innocent for only a short period of time and I intend to prolong
it as long as possible! LOL! ( it's all over when he starts kindergarten in
the fall! )

"Spiralmoons" wrote in message
a...

I have read on here a few times that there are parents who don't watch the
news while their kids are in the room. Can I ask why? I have no formed
opinion on it and now that my ds is of the age (5) where he watches things
and can relate them to his life, I wonder if our house should do the same
(not watch news in front of the kids). Then again I don't want him to be
totally ignorant of current events, or is he too young to be exposed to

the
awful things that can happen. So, again, can someone explain why they do
this or why they don't? So I can make a good decision before I start

staying
up 'till 11:00!
Maybe I should just subscribe to the paper again! LOL!
--
Shana
J.R. , 4