Old October 16th 03, 03:05 PM
Robyn Kozierok

Default intro and question attachment parenting

In article uJpjb.103761$9l5.97586@pd7tw2no,
Alicia wrote:
I just wish that I could put my baby down for a nap without having
him suckling. He always wakes up as soon as I take him off the breast.
Unless we are sleeping together for a nap, or overnight, then he's fine.
But during the day he's always got to be in the Snugli or at my breast.

You might want to pick up Elizabeth Pantley's "The No Cry Sleep Solution".
It offers advice on changing your baby's sleep habits without making them
"cry it out" (a la Ferber). In particular, she does address the issue
of the baby always needing to fall asleep at the breast. (I believe she
might recommend slipping in a pacifier to replace it though, which I know
you currently don't want to try.) It's probably worth the time to scan
through it, at least so you understand the sleep patterns that are getting
set up.

Good luck!
--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01) who is, btw,
friends with but a different person from the Robin you were responding to
who gave you all the advice on using one method at a time, etc....