Old March 8th 09, 05:58 PM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Default Child developing an "accent", sort of?

Jeff wrote:
enigma wrote:
"Donna Metler" wrote in
:
Anyone else's child do this?

yes. my now 8 year old has done the 'Texas twang' thing since he was
around 4 or 5, only occaisionally & only on some dipthongs, like your
daughter. he also has a 'robot' like method of talking, & frequently
uses a babytalk whine/inflection, both of which drive me crazy
(particularly because both are linked with his echolalia, so it's the
same phrase over & over & over & over...).
lee

Two thoughts:

1) This sounds like perfectly normal development. He's just
experimenting with the sounds or something he heard somewhere. It almost
sounds like he is putting the spelling with the sounds. Whatever is
going on, it sounds perfectly normal.

2) If normal kids grow out of sounding like Texans, what does this say
about people in Texas? ;-)

Jeff

They grow out of talking like Minnesotans.

Clisby