Old March 8th 04, 07:53 AM
HollyLewis

Default CTTD (sort of)

Not all kids care about TV though.

Yeah, the first several times we actually put on a video for DS, he insisted on
us watching it *with* him, and then he lost all interest in it after about 10
minutes max. I felt very odd about it -- here was self-righteous ol' me, never
having used the TV as a babysitter, and then when I *wanted* to do that, it
didn't work! :-)

He's still pretty much that way. He asks to watch one of his train videos once
in a while, but TV has never fascinated him. And so far he doesn't seem to
care about not having seen all the same stuff his preschool classmates have, so
I can hope that we'll have at least a couple more years before we have to
decide on whether we're going to have any formal rules or anything. My hope is
we won't need to, of course, since I agree that forbidding TV will probably
only make it more attractive. I'd prefer to restrict TV simply by offering
more interesting things to do. :-)

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04